Table of Contents
- What type of business is Century Fire Protection?
- What fire protection services does Century offer?
- What makes Century Fire Protection’s services unique?
- The downside: no services for homeowners
- How fire protection could save you money on home insurance
- How to save money on homeowners insurance
Load full table of contents
Century Fire Protection offers a lengthy list of fire protection services for commercial properties. However, if you’re looking for a fire protection system for your own home, you’ll need to find another provider.
It wouldn’t be surprising to say that fire damage is costly. However, for many homeowners, it’s easy to turn a blind eye to their own fire safety protections (or lack thereof) until they experience a house fire for themselves. The National Fire Protection Association
reportedthat in 2020, there were 490,500 structure fires in the United States, up nearly 2% from the year before, causing $12.1 billion in property damage.
Before a fire happens, it’s essential to have the right protections in place, which includes having the proper systems installed and in good working order and an insurance policy for financial protection.
Let Jerry find you the best homeowners insurance policy for your needs
* checking your rate won’t affect your credit score
* checking your rate won’t affect your credit score
What type of business is Century Fire Protection?
Century Fire Protection got its start in 2000. It prides itself on the quality of its fire protection products, its team’s level of expertise, and a customer service experience that allows clients to talk to live people when they need to.
Some of Century’s
- Fire protection system designs based on client needs
- Inspection and maintenance of fire systems
- Fire protection system installations
- Fire safety training
- Fire and life safety hazard inspections
- In-house fabrication
- 24-hour system monitoring
- 24-hour emergency services
- Pre-construction consultations
Century Fire has 27 office locations in 10 Southern states:
They also hold licenses in 42 different states.
What fire protection services does Century offer?
Here’s a more in-depth look at the some of the myriad fire protection services Century offers:
- Pre-construction consultations: Century provides consultations before you begin construction or if you’re remodeling and run into issues with compliance or operations.
- Inspection and maintenance of fire systems: These are offered for Century’s various fire protection systems, and you can enroll in a plan for reliable long-term maintenance.
- Sprinkler system installation: Century first made a name for itself for its work with designing and installing fire sprinkler systems, which remains one of its primary services.
- Alarm system installation: This includes fire alarms and other safety alarms like gas detection. Century works with alarm brands including Notifier, Fire-Lite, Honeywell, Silent Knight, Siemens, Simplex, and Viking.
- Special hazards system installation: Fire protection systems can be customized to accommodate special hazards facilities and the particular risks they face.
- Fire extinguishers: Century can provide you with the fire extinguishers your facility needs that will be effective for a variety of hazards, and proper usage training can be offered for staff.
- Fire and life safety training: Training can be provided at a Century facility or on your property.
- Fire protection system design: Century’s designers and engineers can help you develop a fire protection system customized to meet the needs of your facility that will also satisfy code and insurance requirements.
- 24-hour monitoring: Century offers 24-hour monitoring services for various kinds of alarm systems and transmissions.
- 24-hour emergency service: Century has a 24-hour emergency line to address problems as they arise. Century guarantees a confirmation call within 30 minutes and a technician to arrive at your facility within hours, depending on the situation’s urgency.
What makes Century Fire Protection’s services unique?
A few elements that make Century notable are its in-house sprinkler component production, training opportunities, and 24-hour emergency services.
In-house fabrication shop
Century says its sprinkler system components are fabricated in-house, which allows them to ensure they meet their standards, and you won’t have to wait on a third party’s production schedule to complete the job at hand.
When it comes to fire safety service providers, expertise is important. Not only does Century train its employees, but it also offers various fire and life safety training services for its clients.
24-hour emergency services
Century has a 24-hour emergency service line to assist clients when problems occur. Century guarantees a confirmation call within 30 minutes and a technician to reach your property within hours if the situation warrants it.
The downside: no services for homeowners
Some fire protection services specialize in a particular service area, and for Century, that means their primary focus is on serving commercial projects rather than individual homeowners.
If you own one or multiple commercial properties, Century’s services are something to consider, but if you’re looking for fire protection services for your own home, you’ll need to look for another provider.
How fire protection could save you money on home insurance
If you’ve taken certain steps to protect your home in case of a fire, like installing a sprinkler or fire alarm system, it could earn you a discount on your home insurance premium.
Why is that? The cost of your home insurance depends on several factors, and one of those is your home’s level of risk of damage. With the right fire protection systems in place, you could reduce the amount of damage your home experiences if a fire does occur, which reduces repair costs. That’s something an insurance company loves to hear because it means less financial risk on their end.
What kind of fire protection discounts you could earn will depend on your insurance provider, so you’ll want to contact them to see what kinds of savings you could be eligible for. Common fire protection discounts offered by insurance providers include:
You could even earn a discount on your homeowners insurance if you live close to a fire department. The reasoning behind this is that if your home were to experience a fire, your proximity to the fire station would mean firefighters would be able to respond to a fire more quickly and ideally minimize the damage caused.
- Main dwelling coverage:This coverage will help cover repair and rebuilding costs if a fire takes place in your home. For this reason, it’s important to check whether your main dwelling coverage limit would cover the cost of rebuilding your home.
- Personal property coverage: This will help cover costs to replace personal items you might have lost in a fire up to a certain amount. Depending on your policy, rare and valuable items might need separate coverage. It’s a good idea to have a sense of this when you pick your policy to avoid the unfortunate realization after a fire has already occurred.
- Additional living expenses:Also called loss of use coverage, this coverage will help cover living costs like hotels and meals if your home becomes temporarily uninhabitable due to an event covered by your policy.
- Personal liability coverage:This coverage can help cover legal costs if you’re found liable for the cause of a fire.
How to save money on homeowners insurance
If you’ve never used Jerry before, this is how it works. We partner with the nation’s top insurance providers so you can compare your coverage options all in one spot to find the best price for your needs within your budget.
It takes less than a minute to enter your information, and in an instant, Jerry gathers personalized insurance quotes for you to evaluate.
Once you make your pick, Jerry can even help you set up your new policy and cancel your old one. No wonder we’re the top-rated insurance app nationwide!
Plus, Jerry users save an average of $800+ per year on car insurance alone, and you could find even more savings when you bundle it with your home insurance policy.
“Jerrywas wonderful! I used it for my auto and renters policies. I trusted it so much that I signed up my homeowners insurance under Jerry as well. All of the agents are amazingly nice and knowledgeable.” —Mary Y.
Compare auto insurance policies
No spam or unwanted phone calls · No long forms · No fees, ever