Buickdoes not currently offer an electric vehicle. But the almost-luxury manufacturer has teased that an announcement for its first EV will come this summer.
Compare auto insurance policies
No spam or unwanted phone calls · No long forms · No fees, ever
Does Buick have electric cars?
For the time being, Buick does not have any electric cars. But Buick recently
teased its first EV, only revealing an image of the car’s headlight—and indicating that more details (and hopefully a full reveal) will come this summer.
How to decide if going electric is right for you
At the end of the day, electric cars aren’t for everyone—at least not for now. You can ask yourself these questions to figure out if making the switch is the right decision for you:
- How far do you drive each day? You don’t want to find yourself stressing out about exhausting your car’s driving range, but if your daily commute is well below the range, an EV could be a great fit.
- Do you park in a garage? If you own an EV, you’ll want to have a home charging station—which won’t work if you park your car outside or on the street.
- Does your city have charging stations? Some cities are better than others in offering charging stations. Public or employer charging stations offer both convenience and savings—so look into what is around you before committing to an EV.
- How often do you go on long drives? While EV driving ranges are certainly improving from what they once were, charging stations take much longer than a quick gas station fill-up. If you plan to use your car for long drives (200-300) or road trips, an EV might not be the best choice for you.
- Do you need towing capacity? Even though they are getting more impressive by the year, electric vehicles still have a ways to go when it comes to power and towing capacity. If you rely on your car for towing, an EV is not the best fit.
Buick's electric future
You heard about Buick’s headlight tease of their new electric vehicle. While the details are still elusive, we’re hoping to see more details (or a full reveal) in June!
With environmental concerns over gas-powered cars, many manufacturers are beginning to add EVs to their lineup—and we can probably expect to see more EV options from Buick in the years to come.
Plan for the future with affordable car insurance
Nothing says proactive thinking like nailing down a good car insurance plan.
Jerrymakes that task easier than a weekly trip to the grocery store.
When you download the Jerry app, we gift you free competitive car insurance quotes from nearly 60 providers—and your quotes are yours, personalized to you and your needs.
We’ll walk you through your most compelling options, and if you need to chat with an agent by text or phone call, we have someone waiting to help. We won’t contact you unless you ask!
And did we mention—getting quotes takes less than 60 seconds and our average user sees over $800 a year in car insurance savings?
Thousands of customers saved on average $887/year on their car insurance with Jerry
This app is great, but the customer service is even better! Not to mention convenient! My husband and I got the lowest rate (much lower than the rates I was finding online through my own searches), quickly, and pretty much all through text message! Thank you so much for a hassle free experience👍