What is an intake manifold runner control replacement?
An intake manifold control replacement occurs if the “butterfly,” a crucial valve in the air intake process, fails to open or close. This can cause significant damage to the engine.
An intake manifold control replacement requires a mechanic to perform a sophisticated diagnostic test to investigate your car’s overall airflow. In the event your mechanic discovers concerning data, it’s crucial to initiate replacement immediately.
Though it may not be something even your biggest gearhead friends are familiar with, the well-being of your intake manifold runner control could have serious implications for the overall performance of your car and the safety of you and your passengers.
How to replace an intake manifold runner control
The mechanic will usually complete the following steps to replace your intake manifold runner control:
- Extract the engine trim cover from the engine
- Remove the faulty intake manifold runner control
- Install the new intake manifold runner control
- Reinstall the engine trim covers
- Examine the engine to ensure the safety of the new equipment
One thing to always keep in mind: the intake manifold runner control is rarely, if ever, inspected during normal maintenance. Ask your mechanic to give it an extra look if you’re concerned you have an issue.
How do I know if I need to replace my intake manifold runner control?
There are three key symptoms to look for when evaluating the health of your intake manifold runner control.
- A noticeably diminished engine performance is a signature sign that something could be amiss with your intake manifold runner control
- Increased fuel consumption can be harder to determine and is often also attributed to a variety of other causes
- An illuminated check engine light can alert you that something is wrong and you should see a mechanic for an inspection
How to find cheap car insurance
You take care of your car, so take care of your car’s insurance policy, too. Or, even better? Let Jerry do the work for you.
After providing you with a cross-analysis of the top-rated insurance carriers for your needs, Jerry will handle the paperwork to finalize your new (lower-priced!) plan and even help cancel your old policy.
Jerry specializes in finding the best savings deals on the market—and the average Jerry user saves $887 a year on car insurance payments!
“Jerry helped me switch to Nationwide in just a few minutes, and I didn’t have to sort through complex information. Jerry is intelligent and it works!” —Li F.