What is an ignition relay replacement?
In this replacement, a mechanic can determine the cause of your ignition relay’s malfunction and provide you with a thorough inspection report that includes any repairs that are required.
The ignition relay is an electrical component that controls the power to your fuel and ignition systems. It aids in the ignition of the fuel and is critical in getting your car up and going.
How do I know if I need an ignition relay replacement?
There are a few frequent signs that should alert you that your ignition relay needs to be replaced:
- Your battery has a low charge
- Your engine stalls when idle or coming to a stop
- The dashboard lights go off when the car stalls
- Your car won’t start, especially in hot weather
- The tachometer and speedometer go off and on
How to replace your ignition relay
When replacing an ignition relay, a mechanic will normally undertake the following steps.:
- Disconnect the battery and place the vehicle on jack stands
- Remove the defective ignition relay
- Install a new ignition relay
- Reconnect the battery and remove the jack stands
- Turn the ignition on and test if the relay operation is working properly
How important is it to get my ignition relay replaced?
The ignition relay is critical to the proper operation of your car. If your ignition relay fails, your vehicle will not start, and a parasitic load may drain your battery even when the ignition is turned off.
If you suspect the ignition relay is defective or if your car is experiencing ignition-related issues, you should have it checked out as soon as possible.
How to find cheap car insurance
If you want to be safe on the road, it’s best to keep your vehicle well-maintained, but if you want to save money, it’s best to get the right auto insurance coverage with Jerry.
A licensed broker that offers end-to-end support, the Jerry app gathers affordable quotes, helps you switch plans, and will even help you cancel your old policy. Before each policy renewal, you’ll get new competitive quotes—so you’ll always get the best coverage at the best price.
The average Jerry user saves $879 a year on car insurance!
“This was and is great service! Jerry saved me $400 on my renewal. I was super shocked!” —Jackson M.