Ram paint codes are located on the driver’s side door jamb, the firewall, the strut tower, core support, or on the manufacturer’s tag. The model of your vehicle will determine where your code is located. You can also lookup your vehicle’s paint code online using its VIN.
If you notice a small ding or scratch on your
Ram, and you’re looking for a cost-effective way to fix it, an at-home paint touch-up is an answer! The process is relatively straightforward—all you need is your vehicle’s paint code, a few cheap supplies, and a positive attitude.
Find insurance savings (100% Free)
Let Jerry find your price in only 45 seconds
No spam · No long forms · No fees
Where can I find my Ram’s paint code?
Your Ram’s vehicle model will determine where its paint code is located. If you drive a
Ram 1500or Ram Chassis Cab, the code should be located on the driver’s side door jamb, the firewall under your hood, the strut tower, or core support.
If you drive a
Ram 2500, the code should be on the manufacturer’s tag. Ram paint codes are either two or three characters in length and contain both numbers and letters.
Found your paint code? Great! You can use
this chartto find the exact color match for your Ram.
What if there’s no paint code on the car’s label?
If you’re having trouble locating your Ram’s paint code, you can use the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) to search for it online. A VIN is a 17-character code composed of letters and numbers.
The VIN code on your Ram should be located in the following places:
- Most Ram’s have their VIN located under the windshield on the driver’s side. If it’s not there, try looking under the headlights, just on the support bracket of the radiator.
- Other common locations for the label include: under the passenger’s feet or on the door frame of the driver’s side.
- If the label is missing or you can’t locate it, you can find your vehicle’s VIN by checking your insurance card or policy, or your vehicle title and registration.
How to strip car paint
Where can I get paint for my Ram?
One you have your Ram’s paint code, you’ll want to purchase the correct paint. You can order your paint online using
this websiteor you can visit a local automotive store to see if they can help.
If you go with the latter, we suggest calling ahead to make sure they have what you’re looking for.
Paint touch-up tips
You’ve got your paint and you’re ready to go! Below are some touch-up tips to get your Ram looking like new again:
- Clean the damaged area with soap and water
- If the area is rusty, coat the area with a rust arrestor to prevent further damage. You can also use sandpaper to wear the rust away.
- Apply primer to any scratch or ding that penetrates all the way to the metal part of your vehicle. If the scratch or ding is surface-level, primer is not needed.
- Paint. Stir your paint well before applying several coats to the damaged area. Allow the final coat to dry for at least 24 hours.
- Add a clear coat for an extra barrier of protection. Apply several coats, allowing the final coat to dry overnight.
- After three days, buff the area with a rubbing compound for a glossy finish!
Something to keep in mind: the severity and size of the damage caused to your Ram will determine how much paint you need. Some touch-ups will only require a paint pen or smaller paint pack, rather than a full can.
How to find affordable car insurance
If you’ve taken the time to restore the beauty of your Ram through touch-ups, why not take the time to make sure your vehicle is covered with the best possible insurance? With
Jerry, finding great coverage at an affordable rate has never been quicker and easier.
In less than 45 seconds, Jerry will provide you with rates from dozens of the top
insurancecompanies on the market. You pick your favorite and Jerry handles the rest. There are no phone calls and no long forms. We’ll even help you swap an old policy out for a new one! Starting saving today.
Jerry users save an average of $887 per year on their car insurance!
“My policy covers two people and four cars: a truck, SUV, convertible, and muscle car.Jerryhelped me go from paying $308 a month to $125 a month with the same coverage. I’m loving the savings.” —Jocelyn A.
Thousands of customers saved on average $887/year on their car insurance with Jerry
This app is great, but the customer service is even better! Not to mention convenient! My husband and I got the lowest rate (much lower than the rates I was finding online through my own searches), quickly, and pretty much all through text message! Thank you so much for a hassle free experience👍