Your Porsche’s paint code should be in your vehicle's owner's manual. If it’s not there, try searching the glove compartment, the center of your hood/bonnet, or the front storage compartment. You can also lookup your vehicle’s paint code online using its VIN.
Not every paint job will require professional help. If you notice a small ding or scratch on your
Porsche, and you’re looking for a cost-effective way to fix it, you’ve come to the right place! The process is relatively straightforward—all you need is your vehicle’s paint code, a few cheap supplies, and a can-do attitude.
Compare insurance quotes from 50+ carriers with Jerry in under 45 seconds
Where can I find my Porsche’s paint code?
Porsche paint codes are tricky to find. Try searching your glove compartment, the center of your hood/bonnet, the spare tire compartment, the front storage compartment, or checking your vehicle’s owner’s manual. The code will either be three or four digits long and start with the letter “L”.
Found your paint code? Great! You can use
this chartto find the exact color match for your Porsche.
What if there’s no paint code on the car’s label?
If you’re having trouble locating your Porsche’s paint code, you can use the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) to search for it online. A VIN is a 17-character code composed of letters and numbers.
You can find the VIN for your Porsche in the following spots:
- Most Porsche’s have their VIN located on the door jamb of the driver’s side. Alternatively, sometimes the VIN is located on the door jamb of the passenger’s side.
- Other common locations for the label include under thewindshield on the driver’s side, on the steering column, or near your vehicle’s firewall.
If the label is missing or you can’t locate it, you can find your vehicle’s VIN by checking your insurance card or policy, or your vehicle title and registration.
How to strip car paint
Where can I get paint for my Porsche?
Once you have your Porsche’s paint code, you’ll want to purchase the correct paint. You can order your paint online using
this websiteor you can visit a local automotive store to see if they can help.
If you go with the latter, we suggest calling ahead to make sure they have what you need.
Paint touch-up tips
You’ve got your paint and you’re ready to go! Below are some touch-up tips to get your Porsche looking like new again:
- Clean the damaged area with soap and water
- If the area is rusty, coat the area with a rust arrestor to prevent further damage. You can also use sandpaper to wear the rust away.
- Apply primer to any scratch or ding that penetrates all the way to the metal part of your vehicle. If the scratch or ding is surface-level, primer is not needed.
- Paint. Stir your paint well before applying several coats to the damaged area. Allow the final coat to dry for at least 24 hours.
- Add a clear coat for an extra barrier of protection. Apply several coats, allowing the final coat to dry overnight.
- After three days, buff the area with a rubbing compound for a glossy finish!
Something to keep in mind: the severity and size of the damage caused to your Porsche will determine how much paint you need. Some touch-ups will only require a paint pen or smaller paint pack, rather than a full can of paint.
How to find affordable car insurance
Minor dings or scratches are inevitable in your Porsche’s lifetime, and while a touch-up with paint can resolve cosmetic issues, it won’t be able to fix all other vehicle-related issues. For car protection that goes beyond beautification, try
Jerry is a car insurance super app that makes finding a customized insurance policy for you easy.
It’s simple: start by downloading the app and answering a few questions. From there, Jerry will provide you with rates from dozens of the top insurance companies on the market. You pick your favorite and Jerry handles the rest. Need to swap out an old policy for a new one? We can help! With Jerry, finding affordable car insurance (at an even better rate!) has never been easier.
Jerry users save an average of $887 per year on their car insurance!
“As a young person who owns a sports car and a high-end sedan, I couldn’t find quotes below a certain threshold. By usingJerry, I managed to find full comprehensive coverage on both vehicles and saved $150 a month!” —Channing Y.
Thousands of customers saved on average $887/year on their car insurance with Jerry
This app is great, but the customer service is even better! Not to mention convenient! My husband and I got the lowest rate (much lower than the rates I was finding online through my own searches), quickly, and pretty much all through text message! Thank you so much for a hassle free experience👍