Drivers who switch to Travelers with Jerry save an average of $1,053 on their car insurance.
Finding car insurance can be confusing and time-consuming. Who enjoys spending hours browsing websites or negotiating on the phone with a sales agent?
takes the guesswork (and the hard work!) out of car insurance shopping. It’s a free comparison shopping app that generates quotes from top companies. In just 45 seconds, Jerry will help you find a policy and a price you like—then handles all the paperwork to switch or sign you up for the new service.
Here are some quotes from real Jerry users:
Quick look: Travelers car insurance
|Well-rated customer service support|
|Bundling home and auto policies to save money|
|Eco-minded homeowners who are eligible for perks|
What coverages does Travelers offer?
Travelers is one of the biggest insurance companies in the country. It offers a large variety of coverage options, some mandatory and some optional depending on your state and preferred coverage.
Here are some of the policies that Travelers offers:
- Liability insurance: Liability insurance is required in nearly every state. It includes bodily injury liability and property damage liability, which protect other drivers if you are at fault in an accident.
- Comprehensive insurance: Comprehensive coverage is optional in every state, but it may be required if you’re leasing or financing a vehicle. This coverage pays for damage that is not the result of a collision—such as from extreme weather, theft, or vandalism.
- Collision insurance: Collision coverage is optional but, once again, could be mandatory if you are leasing or financing your car. This coverage pays for damage to your car when you collide with another vehicle or a stationary object.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist protection: Uninsured/underinsured motorist protection reimburses you for expenses resulting from an accident caused by a driver without any (or enough) insurance. This coverage is really important if you live in a state with a high percentage of uninsured drivers.
Helpful (but optional) add-ons
- Gap insurance: Gap insurance protects your car lease or loan. If you total the vehicle before it’s fully paid off, gap insurance will pay the difference between the car’s value at the time of the accident and the remaining balance.
- Premier new car replacement: If your car is five years old or newer, new car replacement coverage will replace your totaled car with a brand new one. It includes gap insurance, too.
- Rideshare insurance: In Illinois and Colorado, rideshare drivers can get rideshare insurance from Travelers. Most companies pay for some liability while drivers are working, but not in between rides.
- Accident forgiveness: Accident forgiveness means that Travelers will not increase your premium if you have only one accident every three years.
- Roadside assistance: Roadside assistance comes in two options with Travelers. The basic level includes 15 miles of towing and standard assistance, like jumpstarts, flat tire help, and lockouts. The premier version covers 100 miles plus meals and lodging in some situations.
It’s worth noting that Travelers rewards eco-friendly behavior. If you get your home insurance through Travelers, you can access additional coverage if you choose to rebuild or renovate your home using green materials.
How much does Travelers auto insurance cost?
The average yearly premium for minimum insurance with Travelers is$1,308. To get full coverage, which offers greater financial protection, the average annual premium is $2,178.
Your premium is unique to you. Insurance companies calculate your fee based on your driving history, your location, and the type of car you drive, among other factors. But there are some trends that tend to hold true. Urban drivers usually pay more, for example, due to increased risk.
Here is the average monthly payment with Travelers for minimum and full-coverage insurance:
|Average Monthly Cost for Minimum Coverage||Average Monthly Cost for Full Coverage|
Older drivers tend to pay less with Travelers—an average of $2,517. Younger drivers insured with Travelers may pay closer to $2,800.
People with more driving experience are less likely to get into an accident. That’s why age is a factor for insurers when setting premiums. Lower risk drivers pay lower rates. As drivers become older and more experienced, rates should go down.
Here’s what drivers insured with Travelers pay for car insurance based on age group.
Travelers offers insurance to drivers of all backgrounds across the country, including competitive rates for drivers with an infraction on their record.
While Travelers does insure young drivers, premiums are average and teens may be able to find cheaper insurance somewhere else.
Here’s the average yearly cost of Travelers insurance for drivers with an infraction on record:
Key Takeaway Travelers provides car insurance with lots of options for customization and discounts.
Travelers is available in all 50 states, and it’s also available in some countries overseas.
is a licensed online broker that can help you compare, understand, and purchase a car insurance policy. It’s powered by AI and generates quotes in less than a minute. Customers say the app is really easy to use—and the average Jerry user saves $879 per year
on their car insurance.
Here’s the average yearly cost of Travelers insurance laid out state by state:
Travelers offers a ton of ways to save on your premium by qualifying for discounts. Some, like a safe driving discount, are related to your behavior, whereas other discounts are based on your policy choices. Each percentage is fairly low on its own, but you can qualify for multiple discounts to bring down your rate noticeably.
Here are some of Travelers’ most common driver- and vehicle-based discounts:
|Homeownership discount||Even if your home insurance is through another company, being a homeowner could get you a 5% discount on car insurance.|
|Safe driver discount||No accidents or violations means a 10% discount. If it’s been five years without infractions, your discount could increase to 23%.|
|Good student discount||Maintain a “B” average or stay in the top 20% of your class to get this discount.|
|Student away at school discount||A student who is living away from home and not driving the family car should still be on your insurance policy—but this could help you save 7%.|
|Affinity group discount||If you’re a member of an affiliated organization, you could get a discount.|
|New car discount||If you purchase or own a car less than three years old, you could get 10% off.|
|Owning or leasing a hybrid car discount||Drive an eco-friendly vehicle and Travelers will reward you with a discount.|
|Driver training discount||Save up to 8% on your premium by completing an approved driver safety course.|
Here are some typical policy-based discounts offered by Travelers:
|Multi-car discount||Insure two or more cars on one policy and you could get an 8% discount.|
|Multi-policy discount||You can save 10% if you bundle car and home insurance with Travelers.|
|Pay electronically in full discount||If you pay consistently on time and online, you could get a 15% deduction.|
Travelers offers IntelliDrive, a telematics program that uses a mobile app to assess your driving behavior. It rewards drivers for things like safe braking, safe speeds, and driving during low-risk hours.
IntelliDrive is available in 38 states and drivers with safe habits could receive a 20% discount.
Since Travelers is one of the oldest and largest insurance companies in the world, they offer a wide variety of products on top of regular car insurance:
- Condo, renter’s, and homeowner’s insurance
- Farm and ranch insurance
- Pet insurance
- Boat and yacht insurance
- Identity theft insurance
- Wedding insurance
- Umbrella insurance
- Travelers insurance
- Commercial auto insurance
- Business insurance
- Landlord insurance
Things to keep in mind
You can make payments to Travelers via their online portal, MyTravelers, or their mobile app (Android and iOS). Checks, phone payments, and credit card payments are also accepted in person or by mail. Travelers does not accept cash.
To cancel your Travelers policy, call 1-800-842-5075 to speak to an agent. If there is a local Travelers office nearby, you can request cancellation in-person from a representative. You will need to provide your policy number. Make sure to inquire if early cancellation fees apply or if you are due a refund—Jerry
can help you with this, too.