Drivers who switch to State Auto using Jerry will save an annual average of $1,141 on their car insurance.
If you don’t love all the hassles like annoying phone calls, paperwork, and endless online quotes that come with buying car insurance, you’ll love how Jerry makes your life easier!
is an AI-powered licensed broker that will show you a list of quotes from top providers in under a minute. Once you make your pick, Jerry takes care of the rest. Jerry will cancel your old policy, switch you over, and even send you new quotes when it’s time to renew.
These are some real quotes from actual Jerry users:
Quick look: State Auto car insurance
|Confident drivers who want to be rewarded for good driving habits|
|Anyone looking for unique policy coverage options that might be hard to find elsewhere|
|Teen drivers looking for affordable coverage options|
What coverages does State Auto offer?
State Auto is known for providing a wide range of coverage options. Here’s what they offer:
Most common coverages
- Liability insurance: Drivers in most states are required to purchase a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage. Bodily injury liability and property damage liability both help cover expenses for the other party if you cause an accident—but they won’t cover your costs.
- Comprehensive insurance: Comprehensive coverage helps pay for damage that results from external events like storms, fire, or theft. States don’t require comprehensive coverage, but lenders often do.
- Collision insurance: Collision coverage is another coverage option often required by lenders. It will help cover the cost of damage to your car if you get in a collision with another object, no matter who was at fault.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist protection: Uninsured/underinsured motorist protection will help cover your costs if you get in an accident caused by an underinsured driver. It’s mandatory in some states and optional in others.
- Medical payments coverage: MedPay covers medical costs for you and your passengers after an accident. It kicks in regardless of who is at fault.
- Accident forgiveness benefit: Your premiums won’t increase after your first at-fault accident—or your first at-fault accident in a certain number of years.
- Minor violation forgiveness: If you cause a minor accident, your premiums won’t increase and you might be eligible for future violation waivers, as well.
- Original equipment manufacturer parts (OEM) coverage: Purchasing an OEM policy rider will ensure that your car receives factory part replacements if it needs repairs following a claim.
- Roadside assistance: State Auto’s roadside assistance (aka towing and labor coverage) plan will cover you for up to $100 in tow, fuel delivery, battery boosts, or tire changes if you get stranded at the side of the road.
- Auto Replacement Cost Coverage with Total Loss Plus: Auto replacement coverage will ensure that a totaled vehicle under two years old is replaced with a new one of the same make and model. Total loss plus will help drivers replace cars that are more than two years old.
- Enhanced AutoXtended Coverages Endorsement: A unique package that includes a full suite of additional coverage like pet insurance, bond protection, ambulance insurance, locksmith or key replacement protection, and reasonable attorney fee coverage.
How much does State Auto auto insurance cost?
The average cost of a basic State Auto car insurance policy is $1,014 a year. For full comprehensive and collision coverage, drivers can expect to pay around $2,181 a year.
There are a lot of factors that insurance companies take into account when they calculate your rates. Some of the more important ones include your age, location, vehicle make and model, and driving history. Different providers place different weights on different factors—so you can expect prices to vary accordingly.
These are the average State Auto monthly payments for minimum and full-coverage insurance:
|Average Monthly Cost for Minimum Coverage||Average Monthly Cost for Full Coverage|
The average younger driver who chooses state auto can expect to pay annual premiums of around $2,259. Older drivers will get more affordable rates, with an average of $1,736 per year.
Since younger drivers are statistically more likely to cause an accident, age is a significant consideration for almost all car insurance providers. As a result, younger drivers can expect to pay more for their premiums regardless of their actual driving habits.
Here’s what the average State Auto driver pays for their annual coverage by age group:
State Auto offers insurance for drivers of all ages. While they are not known for providing the most affordable coverage options for most age groups, they do have competitive rates for teen drivers.
High-risk drivers who have been involved in accidents or have infractions like DUIs or speeding tickets on their record can expect to pay more for their State Auto insurance policy—as is almost always the case.
Here’s the average annual cost of State Auto insurance for drivers with an infraction on their record:
Key Takeaway State Auto offers policies to drivers of all age groups, but high-risk drivers can expect to pay more for their coverage.
State Auto insurance is based out of Ohio and has headquarters in a handful of midwest states. They currently offer coverage in 33 states.
No matter what state you live in, using a free AI-based app like Jerry is the easiest and most effective way to find a cheap car insurance policy fast.
Forget having to fill out endless online quotes just to compare rates—Jerry
takes care of all of the legwork for you. Just answer a few questions and Jerry will provide you with an extensive list of competitive rates in a minute or less.
Once you choose your policy, Jerry handles the switchover from start to finish—canceling your old policy and even managing your renewals. So why do all that extra work when Jerry can do it for you and help you save?
Here’s the average annual cost of State Auto insurance before and after Jerry based on state:
Key Takeaway Using Jerry is the easy way to save on your car insurance coverage without dealing with all the usual hassles.
State Auto offers drivers access to a range of discounts. The more discounts that you can combine, the more you will save on your policy.
These are some of the most popular driver- and vehicle-based State Auto car insurance discounts:
|Accident-prevention course||Complete an approved accident-prevention course and you will be eligible for a discounted rate.|
|Driver education||Young drivers who have taken an approved driver training or driver education course may be eligible to save.|
|Good student||Full-time students who maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher can save money on their policy.|
|Student away from home||Students residing more than 100 miles away from their listed home address may be eligible for a student discount.|
|Safe driving||If you meet the safe driving requirements that State Auto sets out, you can be rewarded with a discounted rate.|
|Anti-theft devices||If your car is equipped with certain anti-theft devices, you may be eligible to save.|
|State Auto Safety 360||This optional, usage-based telematics program tracks your driving habits and rewards good drivers with a discount of up to 50% on their premiums.|
Here are some common policy-based discounts with State Auto:
|Multi-policy||If you bundle your car insurance policy with at least two other types of insurance offered by State Auto, you will be eligible to save money on your premiums.|
|Multi-car||Insuring more than one car with State Auto can help you earn a discount.|
|Paid in full||Paying the total cost of your premium at the start of the term will help you earn savings.|
|Start-up||This unique discount rewards drivers who make the switch to State Auto before their current policy expires.|
The State Auto Safety 360 telematics program offers better saving potential than most competitors, but you want to be sure that you’re confident in your driving habits before you sign up. While you’ll automatically get a 10% discount just for joining, you could end up paying more for driving errors.
According to State Auto, drivers who display consistently safe driving habits could save up to 50% on their insurance.
State Auto also has a range of other insurance options to offer, including the following:
- Farm and ranch
Things to keep in mind
State Auto offers a convenient online payment portal that lets you manage your payment options or make one-time payments.
Unlike most providers, State Auto allows you to cancel your policy through your account login page. You can also cancel your policy by speaking to an agent in person or over the phone.