Drivers who switch to Safeco with Jerry save an average of $1,213 per year on their car insurance.
Nobody wants to carve out a whole weekend afternoon to shop for car insurance—let alone listen to crackly hold music while an insurance agent calculates your premium.
Avoiding those situations are just some of the ways that people end up overpaying for car insurance.
But comparison doesn’t have to be that difficult.
Instead, try car insurance comparison and broker app Jerry
. A licensed broker, Jerry does all the hard work of finding the cheapest quotes from the top name-brand insurance companies and buying new car insurance. Jerry will even cancel your old policy for you.
And to ensure you always have the lowest rate, Jerry will send you new quotes every time your policy comes up for renewal, so you’re always getting the coverage you want at the best price.
That means goodbye paperwork and hold music.
Here are some real quotes from Jerry users:
Quick look: Safeco car insurance
|Insurance package flexibility|
|Drivers who want to save money|
What coverages does Safeco offer?
Safeco is known for providing a wide range of impressive discounts, making it an incredibly affordable insurance provider.
Operating under the umbrella of Liberty Mutual, it also provides homeowners insurance as well as some other specialized packages.
Most common coverages
- Liability insurance: Liability insurance is required in most states. It includes bodily injury liability and property damage liability. Put simply, it covers costs for injuries or damages that you caused in an accident or collision.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist protection: Uninsured/underinsured motorist protection covers medical and property damage in an accident with a driver who has poor coverage or none at all. It’s often required.
- Collision insurance: Collision coverage takes care of repair expenses that result from a traffic accident (regardless of who is at fault) or a collision with a stationary object.
- Comprehensive insurance: Comprehensive coverage tends to cover any damage that’s unrelated to a collision, such as vandalism, theft, or bad weather. It pays for any costs that are simply out of the driver’s control.
- First aid reimbursement: Safeco will reimburse up to $10,000 in medical fees after an accident.
- ** Diminishing deductible**: Diminishing deductibles reward drivers who have good driving records. If you don’t make a claim, Safeco will reduce your collision deductible by $100 every year for up to $500.
- ** Accident forgiveness**: Accident forgiveness is a guarantee that your provider won’t raise your premiums after your first at-fault accident. It rewards drivers for good behavior and incentivizes a clean record.
- Rideshare coverage: If you drive for Uber or Lyft, you forfeit your personal insurance policy while you’re using the app. Rideshare companies typically provide suitable insurance packages, but in-between rides coverage can be inconsistent. Safeco bridges that gap for up to $10 per month in eligible states.
- New car replacement: If your car is less than a year old and is totaled or stolen, Safeco will pay to replace it with a similar new vehicle.
- Personal property coverage: Safeco will pay for costs of personal items that are either broken in an accident or stolen from your car.
- ** Emergency assistance package**: This includes a standard roadside assistance deal, but Safeco also provides help for more difficult situations. For example, Safeco will pay up to $500 for food, lodging, and transportation if you get into a collision more than 25 miles from your home.
- Custom equipment coverage: For those who like to upgrade their vehicle, Safeco offers an ideal add-on. Its custom equipment coverage will protect any modifications not made at a factory or dealership, such as roll bars, custom wheels, or decals.
How much does Safeco auto insurance cost?
The average annual car insurance premium for minimum insurance with Safeco is $2,033. The average cost of full coverage—which offers more comprehensive protection—is $2,555.
Insurance costs aren’t the same for everyone. Providers consider a number of categories when trying to determine the cost of insurance. Typically, they’ll consider the condition and age of the vehicle, driver’s record, and personal profile.
Safeco users tend to pay slightly below the national average, even for full coverage.
Here’s the average monthly payment for minimum and full-coverage insurance with Safeco.
|Average Monthly Cost for Minimum Coverage||Average Monthly Cost for Full Coverage|
Insurance costs can fluctuate based on the age of the driver. Teenagers and elderly drivers typically pay a little more for their premiums.
However, Safeco provides numerous discount incentives for younger and older drivers that can help lower their premiums.
Older drivers pay an average of $2,488, while teens pay $2,565.
That said, Safeco’s prices are competitive for any age range.
Safeco works with drivers of all ages and can help assemble affordable, comprehensive packages for pretty much any profile.
While most of Safeco’s best discounts are offered to accident-free customers, it still provides coverage to drivers with infractions on their record.
Below are the average annual prices for Safeco customers with imperfect driving records.
Key Takeaway Safeco provides insurance for drivers of all ages but is particularly good for teens.
Safeco is available in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. Though insurance laws differ from state to state, comprehensive packages from Safeco are available nationwide.
A few states might restrict some of Safeco’s add-ons.
To ensure you get the right price, Jerry
helps you choose from competitive quotes from up to 45 top insurance companies. No long forms. No calling around. No hard work. Just savings. Not to mention, the average Jerry user saves $879 a year
on car insurance.
Once you select your top pick, Jerry takes care of finalizing the paperwork and cancels your old policy.
Here’s the average annual cost of Safeco in every state it covers.
Key Takeaway Using Jerry can help you find the best coverage at the most affordable price, regardless of your state.
Safeco provides a variety of attainable discounts that bring down the average price of car insurance premiums.
Here are some of the best driver or vehicle-based discounts offered by Safeco:
|RightTrack program||In some states, you can get a discount for allowing Safeco to track your activity through an app for 90 days. Taking into account factors such as mileage, late-night driving, and hard braking, the RightTrack program can lead to up to a 30% discount|
|Claims free cashback||For every six months you go without filing a claim, Safeco will provide a small refund—around 2.5% of your policy premium|
|Accident prevention course discount||Drivers over 55 who complete an approved accident-prevention course can save for up to three years|
|Safety features||Cars with anti-theft devices are eligible for discounts. You might have to pay a little to have the tech installed, though|
|Teen safety rewards||Unlike most other companies, Safeco offers discounts to young drivers. Maintaining a good GPA, completing a driver’s ed course, or filing for a “distant driver” discount can drastically decrease premiums for teen drivers|
|Low mileage||Regular-use cars that are driven less than 8,000 miles per year are eligible for a discount of up to 20%. Mileage verification is required annually|
|Diminishing deductible||Being accident-free for a year can save you $100 on your deductible for up to 5 years|
Safeco also offers a few common policy-based discounts:
|Multi policy||If you bundle your auto insurance with other policies Safeco offers, such as farm, business, and home, you can save|
|Multi cars||Policyholders who insure multiple cars with Safeco will qualify for a discount on their package|
|Pay in full||You could save a bit of money if you pay your premium in full before you start your policy|
Safeco presents a number of other insurance options. It offers a fairly standard homeowners package as well as a few extra policies.
Policyholders with newer houses also benefit, as homes less than 10 years old qualify for a lower rate.
One service to keep in mind is identity recovery, which protects you up to $250,000 in damages if you’re a victim of identity theft.
Safeco offers a few other insurance products:
- Boat and watercraft
- Golf cart
- Landlord protection
- Classic car
Things to keep in mind
Safeco allows you to pay via phone or on its website. Another handy payment method is the Safeco app, which consolidates policy info, claim status, and payment in one place.
Safeco allows you to cancel your policy at anytime
. Simply call your insurance agent. Or, if you need new insurance, you can use Jerry
, which will find you a quote in under 45 seconds—and cancel your old insurance for you!