Drivers who switch to Progressive with Jerry save an average of $1,088 per year on their car insurance.
You may not believe us, but car insurance shopping can be fun! Without the slog through slow websites and vague descriptions of coverage, it’s pretty easy to find a great policy.
takes the anxiety out of car insurance shopping. If you have 45 seconds and a smartphone, you could be only a few taps away from uncovering hundreds in savings. That sounds pretty fun, doesn’t it?
The Jerry app takes care of the entire process, from comparing quotes to finalizing your purchase. Oh, and the average user saves $879 per year on car insurance.
Here are some real quotes from Jerry users:
Quick look: Progressive car insurance
|Discounts and a wide variety of coverages|
|Safe drivers who want to be rewarded for their good behavior|
What coverages does Progressive offer?
Progressive is known for offering lots of different policies and customization options. Some are required by the state and others are optional (but useful).
Most common coverages
- Liability insurance: Liability insurance is mandatory in almost every state. This policy includes bodily injury liability and property damage liability, which protect other drivers if you cause an accident that causes harm.
- Comprehensive insurance: Comprehensive coverage is optional in every state, but you may be required to get it if you lease or finance your vehicle. This coverage pays for damage that is not the result of a collision—for example, from severe weather, vandalism, or theft.
- Collision insurance: Collision coverage is optional but, again, you might be required to get it if you’re leasing or financing. This policy pays for damage to your car that is the result of a collision, either with another vehicle or a stationary object.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist protection: Uninsured/underinsured motorist protection helps cover costs if you get into an accident caused by a driver without any (or enough) insurance. This policy is important if you live in a state with an unusually high percentage of uninsured drivers.
- Medical payments coverage: MedPay covers medical expenses for you and your passengers if you sustain injuries in a car accident—even if you were at fault. MedPay is required in a few states but optional in most.
- Pet injury: If your dog or cat was along for the ride and was injured in a car accident, this policy will pay for vet bills associated with the event up to your limit.
- Custom parts protection: Aftermarket parts and customizations receive protection with this add-on policy. You can get $1,000 of protection for accessories like tires, sound systems, and more. Need a higher limit? You can purchase it separately from Progressive.
- Rental reimbursement: If you can’t drive your car while it’s being repaired after an accident, then Progressive’s rental reimbursement will cover the cost to rent a car (between $30 and $50 per day).
- Gap insurance: Gap insurance helps protect you in an accident if you still owe money on your car. It pays out the difference between your loan or lease balance and the car’s value at the time of the accident.
How much does Progressive auto insurance cost?
The average annual car insurance premium for Progressive’s minimum insurance policy is $1,453. For full coverage that offers more financial protection, the average premium is $2,012.
Premiums vary greatly from driver to driver. A company calculates your premium based on your unique level of risk. This equation includes factors like your unique driving history, personal profile, and the type of vehicle you drive.
Here is the average monthly payment for Progressive insurance, both at a minimum level and with full coverage.
|Average Monthly Cost for Minimum Coverage||Average Monthly Cost for Full Coverage|
There’s a silver lining to your golden years: lower rates on car insurance!
Younger drivers insured with Progressive tend to pay $2,148 per year, whereas older drivers typically enjoy a lower rate—an average of $1,991 per year.
Studies show that younger drivers are at an increased risk of getting into an accident compared to more experienced drivers. Because of this statistic, drivers under 20 typically pay a higher rate for coverage.
Here’s what Progressive drivers pay based on their age group.
Progressive is an option for drivers of all ages in every state. It’s the third-largest insurance company in the nation and it offers customizable policy options, so most drivers will find something they like at Progressive.
Young drivers may not get the lowest rates with Progressive, but it’s a challenge for the under-20s crowd to find low rates anywhere.
Progressive does insure high-risk drivers.
Here’s the annual average cost of Progressive insurance for drivers with an infraction on their record:
Key Takeaway Progressive offers highly customizable insurance options for drivers of all ages.
Progressive insurance is available in all 50 states and Washington, D.C.
is a licensed broker that can help you compare and purchase car insurance, no matter where you live or how clean your driving record is. In less than 60 seconds, you’ll be reviewing quotes from top providers.
Once you pick a policy, Jerry helps you finalize the purchase—no long forms, no phone calls, no hassles.
Key Takeaway The Jerry app can help you find a policy that meets your needs—and probably at a better price than you’re currently paying.
Progressive customers can unlock a variety of discounts to cut the overall cost of their car insurance premium. Each discount is fairly small, but taken together they could add up to a sizable reduction in your annual rate.
Here are some of the most common driver and vehicle-based discounts offered by Progressive:
|Homeowner discount||Even if you don’t insure your home with Progressive, you could still be eligible for a discount just because you own a home.|
|Good student discount||Students who maintain a strong grade average can unlock a discount.|
|Student away discount||If a student is away at school and not driving the family vehicle, this situation qualifies for a discount from Progressive.|
|Safe driver discount||Go three years without any accidents or tickets and Progressive will reward you with a discount.|
|Snapshot telematics discount||This is an app and on-board device that assesses your driving habits—and rewards you with a discount for being a safe driver.|
Here are some popular policy-based discounts that Progressive drivers can access:
|Multi-policy discount||Bundling more than one policy (home, auto, boat) from Progressive could reduce your overall insurance costs.|
|Multi-car discount||Insure two or more vehicles and enjoy a rate reduction.|
|Paperless discount||Get your statement and pay your premium online and enjoy a discount.|
|Pay upfront discount||If you can pay your six-month policy in a lump sum, you get a discount.|
is a telematics program that uses an on-board device and mobile app to rate driving behavior. The app measures things like braking, speed, and time of day to figure out how safely you are driving.
Drivers who display safe driving habits over six months will save more on their premiums. There’s even an automatic discount just for signing up.
Progressive also offers a deductible savings bank coverage option, which is similar to a vanishing deductible. For every six months that you drive without an accident, your deductible for collision and comprehensive will drop by $50. You can keep going until your deductible bottoms out at $0.
As a large company, Progressive offers more than just auto insurance:
- Boat insurance
- Commercial auto insurance
- ATV insurance
- Snowmobile insurance
- Golf cart insurance
- Motorcycle insurance
- Classic car insurance
- Umbrella insurance
- Homeowner’s, condo, and renter’s insurance
- Short-term home rental insurance
- Mobile home insurance
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Pet insurance
- ID theft insurance
- Flood insurance
- Phone and device insurance
- Health insurance
- Dental and vision insurance
Things to keep in mind
Progressive customers can easily submit payments on the company website. There is a mobile app but it doesn’t offer a way to submit payment.
Other options include payment by text, by phone at 1-800-776-4737, or by mail as a check or money order accompanying the monthly bill. Drivers can also set up automatic payments.
You can’t cancel your Progressive policy online but you can cancel by phone, mail, or email. Call 1-866-416-2003 to be connected with an agent who can set a date for your cancellation.
can help you take care of cancelations and refunds, as well.