The average driver who uses Jerry to switch to a Plymouth Rock car insurance policy will save $1,425 per year.
If you’re shopping for the best rates on your car insurance, Jerry is a free broker app that will generate competitive quotes from top providers in just 45 seconds.
gathers your information from your past insurer and will even cancel your old policy and switch you over when you make your pick. You can forget all those annoying phone calls, paperwork, and endless online forms—Jerry takes care of it all so you don’t have to.
Here are real quotes from Jerry users:
Quick look: Plymouth Rock car insurance
|Drivers who want a good customer experience|
|Drivers who want to take advantage of various discounts|
|Drivers looking for a range of unique features and extras|
What coverages does Plymouth Rock offer?
When it comes to coverage options, Plymouth Rock car insurance is hard to beat. The company offers up a more extensive range of tailored policy options than most larger major providers.
When you purchase any standard car insurance coverage from Plymouth Rock, you automatically get all the features of their Essential Assurance package—and can upgrade from there.
Here’s a summary of what they offer:
Most common coverages
- Liability insurance: Liability insurance will help cover the costs for the other party if you cause an accident. Most states require you to carry a certain amount of both bodily injury liability and property damage liability insurance.
- Comprehensive insurance: Comprehensive coverage is not legally required, but you might have to purchase it as part of your loan or lease agreement. It covers damages to your car—up to your policy limit—caused by external events like floods, storms, or theft.
- Collision insurance: Collision coverage is another full-coverage option that is legally optional but often required by lenders. It will help you cover the cost of damage to your car if you get in a collision or rollover, regardless of fault.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist protection: Uninsured/underinsured motorist protection is required in some states and optional in others. It covers your costs if you get in an accident with a driver who doesn’t carry enough car insurance.
- Medical payments coverage: MedPay covers medical expenses for you and your passengers following a claim, regardless of who was at fault.
- Personal injury protection coverage PIP insurance is required in all no-fault states and some tort states as well. It’s similar to MedPay but also pays for additional expenses like funerals and lost wages.
Essential Assurance comes with all standard insurance coverages with Plymouth Rock. It includes the following features and benefits:
- Door-to-door valet claim service that covers transportation to and from the repair shop following a claim
- Crashbusters mobile claim service ensures that a claim representative is sent to assess the damage on location following a claim
- The Get Home Safe feature will cover cab fees up to $50 to get you home after making a claim
- Guaranteed repairs completed at a Plymouth Rock certified repair shop for as long as you own or lease your car
- The Plymouth Rock Pledge of Assurance pledges $25 to a select charity if the customer service doesn’t meet your standards
- Access to online policy management services
After maintaining your Plymouth Rock coverage for three years, you are automatically upgraded to the Assurance Plus plan. It includes all of the above features, plus the following:
- Increased daily rental vehicle limits
- Laptop and mobile device replacement insurance that will provide deductible-free protection on damage to certain electronic devices caused by a claimable accident (plus other personal property coverage benefits)
- Pet injury protection to help cover vet bills for your dog or cat if they were injured in a claimable accident
- Child seat replacement coverage that will help replace a damaged child seat following an accident
- Additional benefits if death occurs despite an airbag deploying and a seat belt being worn
- Collision deductible waiver for accidents caused by another Plymouth Rock customer
- Bail bond coverage will increase your policy limit if you have to post bail as a result of a claimable accident
- Lost earning coverage will help cover earnings lost as a result of attending court proceedings pertaining to a claimable accident
- The deductible on glass repairs will be waived if the damage is smaller than a quarter and resulted from an accident that you claimed
This is an optional upgrade that includes all the features of the Essential Assurance tier, as well as the following:
- Roadside assistance coverage provides roadside services like flat tire replacement, battery boosts, lockout services, and fuel delivery (but is not available in all states)
- Towing and labor coverage increases the towing coverage already included in the roadside assistance insurance listed above
- Pet injury protection to help cover the costs of injuries to your dog or cat in a claimable accident
- Waived deductible for windshield replacements that result from a claimable event
- The usual depreciation deductible will be waived for parts that are repaired or replaced on your car following a claim
- Airbag accidental discharge coverage will replace an airbag that deployed accidentally
This is an optional upgrade that includes all the features of the Assurance Preferred tier, as well as the following:
- Additional roadside assistance services (not available in all states)
- Deductible Dollars benefits that will reward you a $50 deductible credit for each claim-free year
- Electronic key replacement insurance will cover the cost of replacing an electric key that is lost or stolen.
- Trip interruption coverage helps cover meals and lodging costs if you need to make a claim while you are more than 100 miles away from where you live.
- Gap insurance will help cover any interest left owing if your loaned or leased car is totaled—but it can’t be combined with plus one or new car replacement coverage
- Accident forgiveness: If you qualify, accident forgiveness will ensure that your rates won’t increase after your first accident in a certain number of years.
- New car replacement: New car replacement insurance will replace a car that is less than two model years old with one of the same or similar make, model, and year if it is totaled in a claimable event.
- Gap coverage: Gap insurance will help cover any balance left owing if your loaned or leased car is totaled.
- Waiver of deductible: Will ensure that your collision deductible is waived in certain situations—but it’s only available in MA, PA, and NJ.
- Full glass coverage: If you need to make a comprehensive claim for glass-only damage, you don’t have to worry about paying the deductible.
- $100 glass deductible: This will lower your deductible to $100 if you claim for glass-only damage.
How much does Plymouth Rock auto insurance cost?
The average Plymouth Rock car insurance customer will pay about $2,125 for their state minimum coverage options. To get full comprehensive and collision coverage, the average cost increases to about $2,840 year.
Different insurance providers place different weight on certain factors when calculating your rates—but you expect things like your location, state, vehicle type, driving history, and age to be part of the equation.
These are the average monthly payments for minimum and full-coverage insurance with Plymouth Rock:
|Average Monthly Cost for Minimum Coverage||Average Monthly Cost for Full Coverage|
Younger drivers insured with Plymouth Rock will usually pay somewhere around $2,415 per year. Older drivers can expect more affordable rates—about $2,559 per year.
Age is typically a major consideration for insurance providers. Younger drivers are statistically considered to be a higher risk to insure than older drivers and are more likely to be involved in accidents or have infractions. As a result, young drivers tend to pay significantly more for their car insurance than older drivers, regardless of their driving history.
Here’s what you can expect to pay for your car insurance coverage with Plymouth Rock based on your age group:
|Age Group||Annual Cost|
Annual Savings after Switching to Plymouth Rock with Jerry
Plymouth Rock offers rates that tend to be higher than average for drivers in their 20s—although it might be a reasonable option for teen drivers.
In line with their general rates, Plymouth Rock also has relatively high prices for high-risk drivers who have recent infractions. The company might be a more affordable option for drivers convicted of a DUI
This is the average annual cost of a Plymouth Rock insurance policy for drivers with an infraction on their record:
|Driving Infraction||Annual Cost|
Annual Savings after Switching to Plymouth Rock with Jerry
|Driving on Sus. License||$2,392||$1,656|
|Speeding over 15||$2,505||$1,341|
|Failure to Obey Traffic Sign||$3,015||$1,601|
|Speeding under 15||$2,462||$1,610|
|Leaving scene of an Accident/Hit and Run||$1,439||$367|
Key Takeaway Plymouth Rock offers fairly high-priced insurance options for younger or higher-risk drivers.
Plymouth Rock insurance is only available in six states: Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania.
If you want to compare the best insurance rates available in your state fast, Jerry
is your ultra-talented car insurance broker for life. It takes less than a minute to sign up and you’ll be presented with competitive rates from up to 45 top providers.
Once you make your selection, Jerry takes it from there. You don’t have to worry about dealing with cancelations, switchovers, or even renewals!
This is the average annual cost of Plymouth Rock insurance by state before and after switching to Jerry:
Annual Savings after Switching to Plymouth Rock with Jerry
Key Takeaway Jerry is a free insurance shopping app that will help you find the best rates and handle all the legwork that typically comes with buying car insurance for you.
Plymouth Rock offers a sizable range of discounts that can help you increase your car insurance costs—especially if you can combine multiple discounts to maximize your savings.
These are some of the most common driver- and policy-based discounts that Plymouth Rock offers:
|New driver||If you’ve been with Plymouth Rock for over two years and add a new driver under 19 years old, you will be eligible for a discount.|
|Driver training||Complete an approved driver training course to receive a discount on your policy.|
|Driver improvement||Drivers over 55 can take an approved driver improvement course to receive a discount.|
|Good student||High school or college students who maintain a B average or higher can earn policy discounts.|
|Away from home||Families with students on their policy who live away from home and don’t have regular access to the car are eligible to save.|
|Safe driving||The longer that you maintain a safe driving record, the more you may be able to save on your premium.|
|Anti-theft/passive restraint||Safety devices like airbags, seat belts, and anti-theft features on your car can help you save on your policy.|
|Five-year claim-free||Anyone over the age of 22 who has gone five years or more without making a claim will be eligible for discounted rates.|
Here are some common policy-based discounts with Plymouth Rock:
|Bundling||In addition to car insurance, Plymouth rock offers up quite a few other insurance options that can help you bundle and save.|
|Multi-car||Adding additional vehicles to your policy can earn you a discount.|
|Advanced shopper||Purchase a policy at least a few days in advance of your renewal date and you could be eligible to save.|
|Paperless||Opt for online communications to receive a small discount on your policy.|
|Affinity or alumni groups||Members or alumni of certain eligible organizations could receive a discount.|
|Motor club||Members of approved motor clubs will receive a discount.|
Plymouth Rock has a somewhat unique telematics program called Road Rewards. When you download the app and let it track your driving habits, you’ll earn reward points to put toward reward options like movie tickets, fuel discounts, and gift cards.
Unlike most telematic apps, your driving performance won’t affect your car insurance rates or help you earn discounts.
Despite their regional status, Plymouth Rock has a healthy lineup of other insurance products to offer:
- Homeowner’s / renter’s / condo insurance
- Life insurance
- Pet insurance
- Motorhome insurance
- Flood insurance
- Motorcycle insurance
- Boat / watercraft insurance
- Antique / classic car insurance
- Commercial auto insurance
- Umbrella insurance
Things to keep in mind
You can use Plymouth Rock’s online Quick Pay portal or sign up for automatic online payments via your bank.
The easiest way to cancel a Plymouth Rock car insurance policy is to speak to an agent. Be sure to have your policy number and relevant information handy so you can answer any questions that might come up along the way.