Drivers who switch to Oregon Mutual with Jerry save an average of $1,523 per year on their car insurance.
When it comes to car insurance shopping, you want to make sure you’re paying the lowest price for the best coverage—but who has time to fill out countless forms, find documents, and take phone calls with agents that are trying to win your business.
If you want car insurance shopping without all the little parts you dread, download the car insurance comparison and broker app Jerry
A licensed broker, Jerry does all the hard work of finding the cheapest quotes from the top name-brand insurance companies and buying new car insurance. Jerry will even cancel your old policy for you.
And to ensure you always have the lowest rate, Jerry will send you new quotes every time your policy comes up for renewal, so you’re always getting the coverage you want at the best price.
Here are some real quotes from Jerry users:
Quick look: Oregon Mutual car insurance
|Strong and comprehensive regional coverage|
|Affordable insurance packages|
|Safe drivers to capitalize on strong add-ons|
What coverages does Oregon Mutual offer?
Oregon Mutual offers a wide range of insurance coverage options, especially for a regional company.
Most common coverages
- Liability insurance: Liability insurance is required in most states. Bodily injury liability and property damage liability protect other drivers if you’re at fault in a collision.
- Comprehensive insurance: Comprehensive coverage is optional in most states. It covers any damage that’s unrelated to a collision, such as vandalism, theft, or bad weather.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist protection: Uninsured/underinsured motorist protection covers you for an accident with a driver who either has insufficient insurance or none at all. The states that Oregon Mutual covers don’t require it, but strongly encourage it.
- Collision insurance: Collision coverage is technically optional, but if you are renting or financing your vehicle, it might be mandatory. It covers the damages that result from a traffic accident (regardless of who is at fault) or a collision with a stationary object.
- ** Diminishing deductible**: Diminishing deductibles reward drivers who have good driving records. For every year you go without an at-fault accident, your deductible will decrease.
- ** Accident forgiveness**: Accident forgiveness is a guarantee that your provider won’t raise your premiums after your first at-fault accident. While you might have to chip in a little extra money, it serves as a safety net—especially for young drivers who might be more likely to get into accidents.
- Vehicle upgrade: If you total your vehicle, Oregon Mutual will not only help cover the costs of the old vehicle, they’ll also help you upgrade to a new one.
- Roadside assistance: Sometimes known as towing and labor coverage, roadside assistance includes services like towing, battery boosts, and flat tire help.
- ** Pet injury**: A good one for pet lovers, this add-on covers medical costs if your animal needs a trip to the vet after a collision.
- Child safety seat replacement: Child safety seat laws are rigorous, and certain key requirements regarding stability and protection must be met. After a collision, safety seats often need to be replaced to continue to meet those rules—and Oregon will take care of those costs.
How much does Oregon Mutual auto insurance cost?
The average annual car insurance premium for minimum insurance with Oregon Mutual is --. The average cost of full coverage—which offers more comprehensive protection—is $2,392.
Insurance providers look into a number of factors when determining insurance costs. Insurers will consider the type and age of your vehicle, driving record, your state, and your personal profile.
Oregon Mutual users pay significantly below the national average, even for full coverage. Be aware, though, that it’s only available in Oregon, California, Washington, and Idaho.
Here’s the average monthly payment for minimum and full-coverage insurance with Oregon Mutual.
|Average Monthly Cost for Minimum Coverage||Average Monthly Cost for Full Coverage|
Younger drivers insured with Oregon Mutual typically pay $1,985 per year, while older drivers tend to pay less—an average of $3,173 per year.
Age is a primary factor for insurers when setting premiums. Statistics show that teenage drivers are almost as three times as likely than drivers over 20 to get into an accident, and that risk means they pay far higher rates than the average driver.
Here’s what drivers pay with Oregon Mutual based on their age group.
Oregon Mutual provides insurance for drivers of all ages in Oregon, California, Washington, and Idaho.
Although drivers with clean driving records will benefit from lower quotes, Oregon Mutual also insures drivers with violations on their records.
Here’s the average annual cost of Oregon Mutual insurance for drivers with imperfect records.
Key Takeaway Oregon Mutual offers coverage for drivers of all ages and is particularly affordable for students and safe drivers under the age of 40.
Oregon Mutual insurance only operates in Washington, Oregon, California, and Idaho.
As a licensed broker, Jerry
helps you choose from competitive quotes from up to 45 top insurance companies. No long forms. No calling around. No hard work. Just savings. Not to mention, the average Jerry user saves $879 a year
on car insurance.
Once you select your top pick, Jerry takes care of finalizing the paperwork and cancels your old policy.
Here’s the average annual cost of Oregon Mutual in every state it covers.
Key Takeaway Using Jerry can help you find the best coverage at the most affordable price, regardless of your state.
Although already having a reputation as being an affordable insurance provider, Oregon Mutual has a number of discounts and saving options that can make premiums even cheaper. Highlights include diminishing deductibles and savings offered for good academic standing.
Here are some of the most common discounts offered by Oregon Mutual:
|Defensive driving||Policyholders over 55 who finish and excel in a defensive driver course can save on their policy|
|Safety features||Cars with anti-theft devices are eligible for discounts or could expect lower rates. Be aware, though, that you might have to pay a little for a device|
|Good student discount||High school or college students that maintain a GPA above 3.0 qualify for lower rates|
|Low mileage||Regular use cars that are driven less than 9,000 miles per year are eligible for a discount. Mileage verification is required annually|
|Advanced quote||Oregon mutual will give you a discount if you complete your original quote 8-30 days before your provider start date|
|Family||Drivers below 18 qualify for more favorable adult rates as long as their parents have been registered with Oregon Mutual for two years and have no at-fault violations on their record|
Here are some common policy-based discounts with Oregon Mutual:
|Multi policy discount||If you bundle your auto insurance with other policies Oregon Mutual offers, such as farm, business, and home, you can save|
|Advanced quote||Policyholders who pay their quote 8-30 days in advance of their insurance start date get a discount|
|Affinity Group||Qualifying credit union members save money on their premiums. Check with your insurance agent to see if you qualify|
Oregon Mutual offers a few other packages and services to help you save.
Its Custom Shield Protection Plus package is worth looking into. The program bundles a variety of losses, including pet injury, personal property protection, key replacement, and others.
A diminishing deductible program also keeps track of your driving record and allows you to pay lower deductibles when you eventually file a claim.
It’s also worth looking into Oregon Mutual’s business insurance, which protects your business against data loss and cyber-attacks.
If you’re a farm owner, Oregon Mutual also has a comprehensive package that includes livestock, horticulture, and equipment protection.
Oregon Mutual also has a few other insurances:
- Winery and vineyard
Things to keep in mind
Oregon Mutual accepts payment over the phone, in the mail, or by online account. You can set up a monthly transfer for your policy, too.
To cancel Oregon Mutual, you have to call their customer service line directly or reach out to your local agent. Alternatively, you can use Jerry
, which will cancel your old deal and find a new policy for you in less than a minute.