Drivers who use Jerry to switch to Mapfre save an average of $1,102 per year on their car insurance.
Shopping around for car insurance can help save you bundles of money—but who wants to waste their time filling out endless quotes online?
If you want an easy way to find the best savings on your car insurance without the added legwork, the free insurance broker app Jerry
has you covered.
Sign up is quick and easy and you’ll automatically be presented with a list of quotes from top providers in your area. Jerry even takes care of the switchover and renewals so you don’t have to.
Here are some real quotes from people who have used Jerry:
Quick look: Mapfre car insurance
|Provides a range of specialized coverage options|
|Combines affordability with good customer satisfaction ratings|
|Customer service offered in both Spanish and English|
What coverages does Mapfre offer?
Mapfre provides the full suite of standard insurance options, some of which might be mandatory in your state. They also provide a range of unique coverage options that can help you tailor your policy to suit your needs.
Most common coverages
- Liability insurance: There are two main types of liability insurance: bodily injury liability and property damage liability. Both will help protect you from legal action if you are at fault in an accident.
- Comprehensive insurance: Comprehensive insurance is never required by state law, but lenders commonly require you to purchase it. It will protect your car from things that can happen to it when you are not behind the wheel—hail, fire, storms, or theft.
- Collision insurance: Likewise, collision insurance is optional in every state but might be required if you loan or lease. Collision insurance will cover damage to your car that results from a collision or rollover.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance: Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage will help pay for your expenses if you get in an accident with an at-fault driver who doesn’t carry enough liability protection. It’s required in a handful of states but helpful to have in any state that tends to have many underinsured drivers.
- Medical payments coverage: MedPay insurance is designed to help cover the cost of injuries for you and your passengers, regardless of who is at fault. A few states require it and it is optional in most others.
- Accident forgiveness: This policy rider will help ensure that your premiums stay the same even if you cause an accident. It’s a great option for areas that have high accident rates.
- New car replacement: If you drive a new car, you can purchase this insurance option to help ensure that it will be replaced with a similar new model if it’s considered totaled after a claim.
- AutoMaster: AutoMaster is available in most states where Mapfre operates and allows you to bundle new car replacement insurance with other convenient options, like laptop and cellphone replacement coverage.
- Auto glass repair: If you sign up for the auto glass repair program, Mapfre will arrange to have your windshield repaired with a local windshield specialist after you make your claim.
- Car EZ: This unique program is designed to speed up the claims process and includes vehicle pick-up and rental car drop-off services.
- Disappearing deductible When you sign up for this coverage option, you will receive a $50 deductible reduction after your first year claims-free—and up to $300 after five years.
How much does Mapfre auto insurance cost?
The average annual cost of a Mapfre minimum car insurance premium is $924. Those who choose full coverage can expect to pay around --.
Insurers take lots of factors into account when calculating your rate—including your location, the type of car you drive, your age, and your personal driving history. You can expect your premiums to vary according to individual factors.
Here’s the average monthly payment for minimum and full-coverage insurance with Mapfre:
|Average Monthly Cost for Minimum Coverage||Average Monthly Cost for Full Coverage|
Younger drivers who purchase their car insurance from Mapfre are likely to pay about $1,842 per year. Older drivers will almost always pay less, with average annual rates around $1,725 per year.
Age tends to have a significant effect on car insurance rates. Since teen drivers are statistically considered higher risk than any other age category, younger drivers will pay more for their premiums than older motorists.
Here’s what the average Mapfre driver will pay based on their age group.
Mapfre doesn’t have explicit eligibility requirements—but just like any provider, they may turn down a driver who has a bad driving record.
You can just expect your rates to go up in most cases, but the premium increase for a bad driving record or recent accidents could be significant. Mapfre does offer an optional accident forgiveness program that might help offset some of these costs.
Here’s the average annual cost of Mapfre insurance for drivers who have an infraction on their record:
Key Takeaway If you have infractions on your record, you can expect your Mapfre insurance rates to increase.
Mapfre insurance is currently only available in the following 19 states, plus Puerto Rico:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- Rhode Island
- Puerto Rico
If you’re looking for cheap car insurance options in your state, Jerry
will help you compare competitor prices without the usual legwork. Just answer a few short questions and Jerry will set you up with up to 45 quotes from top providers in your area in under a minute.
Even better, Jerry is a fully licensed pocket broker. Once you choose your policy, Jerry will take care of cancelations, switchovers, and renewals so that you don’t have to.
Here’s the average annual cost of Mapfre insurance by state:
Key Takeaway No matter what state you live in, Jerry will help you find the most affordable coverage options fast.
Taking advantage of the many discounts that Mapfre offers its drivers can help reduce annual car insurance costs. The more discounts you can combine, the more likely you are to save in the long run.
Here are some of the popular driver- and vehicle-based discounts that Mapfre offers:
|Good student||Qualifying students who get good grades in school could be rewarded with a policy discount.|
|Student away from home||If you have kids who are away from home to attend school, keeping them on your policy could get you a discount.|
|Clean in three||If you have three or fewer incidents on your driving record, you could be eligible for added savings.|
|TeenSMART||Teens who enroll in the Mapfre teen driving program will receive helpful tips on their driving and a potential policy discount.|
|Green drivers||Drivers who own an environmentally friendly car, like a hybrid or electric model, could earn an additional green discount on their policy.|
|Annual mileage||Drivers who meet the low annual mileage threshold will be eligible to save on their policy.|
|AAA membership||Sign up for an AAA membership, and you can enjoy roadside assistance plus an added policy discount.|
Here are some common policy-based discounts offered by Mapfre:
|Multi-car||Insuring more than one car on your Mapfre policy may help you save.|
|Multi-policy||If you bundle your car insurance with Mapfre home insurance, you could be eligible for a discount on both policies.|
|Paperless||You can receive a discount if you switch from paperless to electronic communication and billing.|
|Paid in full||Paying your total premium at the beginning of the term can earn you a discounted rate.|
|Welcome back||Previous Mapfre policyholders who make the switch back could earn an added discount for rejoining.|
Mapfre offers a telematics program called DriveAdvisor. Mapfre policyholders who sign up for the program will have their driving habits tracked via a mobile app—and will be eligible to receive up to 5% off of their premium in return.
Drivers who use the Mapfre Insurance app will also have access to a unique program called ePICS. This feature is designed to eliminate the need to travel to appraise certain types of minor damage. Rather, you just snap pictures of the damage and upload them to the app.
Mapfre is a modest-sized insurance provider compared to some other industry giants, but they offer ample coverage options for drivers and homeowners.
- Homeowners’, renter’s, and condo
- All-terrain vehicle
- Antique home restoration
- Trailer / motorhome
- Moped / scooter
- Boat (only in some states) / motorboat
Things to keep in mind
Mapfre accepts Visa, Mastercard, or Discover payments. You can also set up an electronic payment plan to automatically deduct your premium from your bank account.
If you want to cancel your Mapfre car insurance policy, you’ll have to call up an agent. Be sure to have your policy number on hand and be ready to provide other account details, if necessary.