Gainsco Car Insurance Review 2022
Find out if you're getting ripped off on your car insurance in less than two minutes.Find insurance savings (100% Free)
No long forms · No spam · No fees
Savings found every month
- Quick look: Gainsco car insurance
- What coverages does Gainsco offer?
- How much does Gainsco auto insurance cost?
- Who qualifies?
- Additional services
- Things to keep in mind
Load full table of contents
Drivers who switch to Gainsco with Jerry save an average of $1,152 per year on their car insurance.
Looking for car insurance can feel like an extreme sport. Wouldn’t it be easier to score with a trusted teammate by your side, setting you up with a beautiful assist?
Jerry is your key to efficient, cheer-worthy car insurance shopping. And it’s free!
Got 45 seconds and a smartphone? Buddy up with Jerry and download the app. Review competitive quotes, pick the one you like most, and then seal the deal—all without a single phone call or annoying paperwork.
Here are quotes from real Jerry users:
|Quote Date||Car Make||Car Model||State||City||Name||Age|
|May 16, 2022||Chevrolet||Cruze Limited LS||TX||Lubbock||Rosalie B.||21-24||$1,802|
|April 29, 2022||Nissan||Versa Note S||FL||Hudson||Johanna P.||25-34||$2,210|
|May 3, 2022||Kia||Forte FE||VA||Manassas||Roxie S.||25-34||$848|
|April 26, 2022||Jeep||Liberty Limited||AL||Valley Head||Katherine H.||25-34||$264|
|May 16, 2022||Chevrolet||Cruze LT||VA||Williamsburg||Owen G.||25-34||$160|
Quick look: Gainsco car insurance
Good for High-risk drivers who need insurance Drivers who need an SR-22 form Affordable rates for minimum coverage levels
What coverages does Gainsco offer?
Gainsco is known for offering insurance to high-risk drivers who might otherwise struggle to find coverage. Gainsco also files SR-22 forms for drivers who need proof of insurance.
Here’s some of what they offer:
Most common coverages
- Liability insurance: Liability insurance is required in nearly every state. This policy includes bodily injury liability as well as property damage liability, which protects other involved drivers if you cause an accident. Gainsco offers state minimum levels only.
- Comprehensive insurance: Comprehensive insurance is optional but could be required if you lease or finance your vehicle. This policy covers damage unrelated to a collision, like theft or extreme weather.
- Collision insurance: Collision insurance is optional too, but it might be mandatory if you are leasing or financing your car. This policy pays for damage due to any collision, including other vehicles or stationary objects.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist protection: Uninsured/underinsured motorist protection helps cover costs if you get into an accident with another driver who doesn’t have any (or enough) insurance. If you live in a state with a lot of uninsured drivers, this is important.
- Medical payments coverage: MedPay helps cover medical costs for you and your passengers if you get injured in a car accident—even if you were at fault. It’s optional in most states and required in a few.
- SR-22: After a DUI or other offense, you may need an insurer to file an SR-22 form to prove you have the minimum required coverage to get back on the road. Some states use an FR-44 form instead.
Useful add-on policies
- Towing and labor: Gainsco offers towing and labor coverage between $50 and $100 to help you get your stranded vehicle off the road and fixed up.
- Rental reimbursement: Rental reimbursement reimburses you between $20 and $40 per day when you need a rental vehicle because your own vehicle is out of service due to a covered peril.
How much does Gainsco auto insurance cost?
The average annual car insurance premium for minimum insurance with Gainsco is $1,298. For full coverage that gives you better financial protection, the average premium is --.
Calculating your premium is a balancing act. Every company has a formula that takes your driving history, your vehicle type, and your demographic info to find a unique rate for you. As a result, premiums can vary greatly.
Don’t expect to get the same low rate in the city that your grandma gets living out in the suburbs!
Here’s the average monthly payment for minimum and full-coverage insurance with Gainsco.
|Average Monthly Cost for Minimum Coverage||Average Monthly Cost for Full Coverage|
Younger drivers who are insured through Gainsco typically pay $2,128 per year for coverage. Older drivers can expect to pay less—closer to $2,031 per year.
Why is age so important to insurers? Statistics show that younger drivers—especially teenagers who just received their licenses—are far more likely to get into an accident. Their higher risk means they pay higher rates than other drivers.
Based on age group, here’s what drivers pay with Gainsco.
|Age Group||Annual Cost|
**Gainsco is available in 15 states—Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, New Mexico, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Virginia.
Gainsco insures drivers of all ages in the 15 states where they do business.
They specialize in providing insurance to high-risk drivers. But since Gainsco only offers state-minimum levels of liability, they may not be the best fit for anyone preferring more coverage.
Are you a driver with an infraction on your record? Here’s the average annual cost of Gainsco insurance for customers without a squeaky-clean record.
|Driving Infraction||Annual Cost|
|Wrong Way/Wrong Lane||$2,516||$1,198|
|Driving on Sus. License||$2,123||$1,287|
|Speeding over 15||$2,195||$1,207|
|Failure to Obey Traffic Sign||$2,153||$1,208|
|Speeding under 15||$2,069||$1,087|
|Leaving scene of an Accident/Hit and Run||$1,738||$758|
Key Takeaway Gainsco is a great option for high-risk drivers who need insurance.
No matter where you live, Jerry can help you compare rates and find the best car insurance policy for your situation. The app takes less than a minute to generate competitive quotes from top insurance companies.
When you find a rate you like, Jerry handles the paperwork for canceling your old policy and registering the new one.
Here’s the average annual cost of Gainsco insurance based on state.
Key Takeaway The Jerry app is fast, free, and easy. No matter where you live, it can help you uncover savings and buy a car insurance policy.
Gainsco offers several discounts to help customers reduce the overall price of their policy. You can qualify for more than one to bring down your rate even further.
Here are some of Gainsco’s most common driver- and vehicle-based discounts:
|Owner discount||If you own a home, townhouse, condo, or mobile home, you could get a discount on your car insurance.|
|Multi-car discount||Insuring multiple cars could earn you a healthy discount.|
|No-lapse discount||Prove that you had car insurance prior to Gainsco to get this discount.|
Here are some policy-based discounts that Gainsco offers:
|Automated payments discount||Sign up for automated payments and you could get a discount.|
|Pay upfront discount||Get a discount if you pay your premium up front, in full.|
|Advance purchase discount||Buy your policy three days before the start date.|
|Loyalty||Maintain your policy over time and be rewarded with a discount on renewal.|
Gainsco does not offer telematics or other insurance policies, like home or life insurance.
Things to keep in mind
Gainsco customers can make payments on the website or the mobile app. The Gainsco mobile app is available on both Apple and Android devices.
Payments are also accepted by phone at 1866.GAINSCO, as a check or money order by mail, or in person by visiting the agent’s office with cash, card, or check.
To cancel your Gainsco policy, call 1866.GAINSCO. You will be put in touch with the agent in charge of your policy. Jerry can cancel for you and help you get a refund if you’re owed cash back.
“Jerry got me new insurance and sent a cancellation letter to my previous provider, all in 10 minutes.” —Satisfied Jerry user