Drivers who switch to Clearcover with Jerry save an average of $1,114 per year on auto insurance**.
When you’re seeking car insurance, it’s no fun filling out form after form—not to mention dealing with follow-up sales calls after the fact.
is an AI-powered comparison shopping app that makes finding great car insurance amazingly easy (without all the little parts you dread). Sign-up takes just under a minute, and then you’ll be able to browse a slew of competitive quotes. Just choose the one you like best, and finalize it without making any calls or filling out long forms.
Here are real quotes from Jerry users:
Quick look: Clearcover car insurance
|Quick, efficient car insurance services centered around its mobile app and website|
|Solid financial backing despite being a new entrant to the car insurance field|
|High customer satisfaction with technology-focused approach|
What coverages does Clearcover offer?
Clearcover is a streamlined, AI-powered insurance carrier that provides a standard range of coverage options. Clearcover’s website makes it easy to get a quote, and its claims process is run entirely through the app, though claims can also be adjusted over the phone and email.
Clearcover offers low prices centered on its easy-to-use digital platforms (its mobile app and website), so that means it doesn’t offer a large package of add-on options. Here’s a rundown of what Clearcover does offer:
Most common coverages
- Liability insurance: Liability insurance is mandated by law in most states. It includes bodily injury liability and property damage liability, both of which protect other motorists if you’re at fault in an accident.
- Comprehensive insurance: Comprehensive coverage is optional in every state, but if you’re leasing or financing a car, you may be required to purchase it. Comprehensive insurance pays for damage that is not the result of a collision—such as from vandalism, extreme weather, or theft.
- Collision insurance: Collision coverage is optional but, again, might be required if you’re leasing or financing a vehicle. Collision pays for damage to your car that is the result of an accident with another vehicle or stationary object.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist protection: Uninsured/underinsured motorist protection reimburses you for any bills stemming from an auto collision caused by a driver without insurance or enough insurance. Instead of suing the driver, your insurance company pays for your costs. This coverage is critical if you live in a state with a high percentage of uninsured drivers.
- Medical payments coverage: MedPay covers medical costs for you and any passengers if you’re hurt in a car accident—even if you were responsible for the incident. MedPay is required in a few states, but is optional in most.
- Alternate transport coverage: Instead of refunding the costs of a rental car if your own vehicle is being fixed, Clearcover offers alternate transport coverage. You can use the funds provided as you see fit—to rent a car, to use public transit, or Uber or Lyft.
- Ridesharing endorsement: If you drive for a rideshare service, for an extra $10 a month this coverage will extend your personal auto insurance when driving for Uber or Lyft.
- Roadside assistance: Sometimes known as towing and labor coverage, Clearcover’s roadside assistance (“Honk”), can help you if your car needs towing, a battery boost, or a flat tire fixed.
How much does Clearcover auto insurance cost?
The average annual auto insurance rate for minimum insurance with Clearcover is $1,330. And for full coverage that offers better overall financial protection, the average premium is $2,262.
Insurers assess many factors when calculating your insurance rate, such as the type of car you drive, your driving history, and your personal profile. Premiums can vary greatly from one driver to another.
Here’s the average monthly payment for minimum and full-coverage insurance with Clearcover.
|Average Monthly Cost for Minimum Coverage||Average Monthly Cost for Full Coverage|
As is often the case, younger drivers carrying Clearcover policies typically pay $2,076 per year, while older drivers tend to pay less—an average of $1,783 per year.
Age is a vital factor for insurers when calibrating premiums. The evidence shows that teenage drivers are almost three times more likely than drivers over 20 to be involved in an accident, and that risk means they pay significantly higher premiums than the average driver.
Here’s what drivers pay with Clearcover based on their age group.
Clearcover offers insurance to drivers of all ages and bills itself as “digital insurance for the digital customer”—you need a smartphone in order to use Clearcover insurance.
Also, as a new entrant to the car insurance space, Clearcover is only available to drivers in the following sixteen states:
While Clearcover insures drivers with recent accidents
(aka, high-risk drivers), premiums are typically higher than a driver would pay with a clean record.
Here’s the average yearly cost of Clearcover insurance for drivers with a violation on their record.
Key Takeaway Clearcover offers insurance for drivers of all ages, but you must have a smartphone to apply.
Clearcover insurance is available in 16 states.
As a licensed broker, Jerry
guides you through the comparison and purchasing stages of buying car insurance, no matter where you live. In just 45 seconds, you’ll be browsing through dozens of competitive quotes from the country’s best insurance companies.
Once you pick a policy, Jerry will sign you up for your new policy and cancel your old policy for you.
Here’s the average annual cost of Clearcover insurance based on state.
Key Takeaway Using Jerry can help you find the best coverage at the most affordable price, regardless of your state.
Clearcover offers very few discounts. Instead, it strives to provide lower rates by factoring in car safety features, customers having a clean driving record, and paying yearly insurance premiums upfront and in full to keep costs down. Clearcover’s emphasis on its mobile app and website—as opposed to employing a team of insurance agents, which they do not do—is another way they keep premiums low.
Still, Clearcover does offer a discount to active service military members:
|Active military||Active military receive 15% off their car insurance premiums, while personnel living in Louisiana receive 25% off their rates|
At this time, Clearcover only offers car insurance. However, it does partner with Hippo to offer homeowners insurance. There are no discounts for bundling these options at this time.
Things to keep in mind
Clearcover allows policyholders to pay online via its smartphone app with a credit card, debit card, or checking account.
To cancel your policy with Clearcover, call 1 (855) 444-1875 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
. There may be a cancellation fee, but Jerry can help you get a refund.