Drivers switching to Aspire General via Jerry save an average of $1,023 per year on auto insurance.
If you’re searching for car insurance, few things are less fun than filling out form after form—not to mention having to deal with the follow-up phone calls.
is an AI-powered comparison shopping app that makes finding great insurance rates easier than ever before. Sign-up will take just 45 seconds and then you’ll get to browse competitive quotes, pick the one that works best for you, and finalize it—all without picking up the phone or completing a long form.
Here are real quotes from Jerry users:
Quick look: Aspire General car insurance
|High-risk drivers who have trouble finding car insurance in California|
|Known for low down payments, flexible pay plans|
|Good financial strength and ability to pay out claims|
What coverages does Aspire General offer?
Aspire General is known for offering low rates for non-standard car insurance in California. Typically, Aspire caters to drivers with past infractions, such as traffic violations, insurance lapses, at-fault accidents, and low credit scores. It is sold locally through a network of agents.
Aspire General car insurance is only available in California.
Aspire’s coverage is broken down into two tiers: Savings and Advantage. Both tiers offer the same standard group of policies, while each tier offers different add-on options. Here’s a rundown of both:
Standard coverage offered by both Savings and Advantage tiers
- Liability insurance: Liability insurance is required in most states. It includes bodily injury liability and property damage liability; both of these insurance components protect other drivers if you’re at fault in a collision.
- Comprehensive insurance: Comprehensive coverage is optional in every state, but you may have to purchase it as per your car leasing or financing agreement. It pays for damage not related to a collision—such as damage due to severe weather, vandalism, or theft.
- Collision insurance: Collision coverage is also an option in each state but, like comprehensive insurance, might be mandatory if you’re leasing or financing your car. Collision insurance pays for damage to your car that resulted from a collision with another vehicle or stationary object.
Helpful add-ons applicable to both Savings and Advantage tiers
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist protection: Uninsured/underinsured motorist protection reimburses you for costs stemming from an accident caused by a driver without insurance, or with a minimum amount of insurance. Instead of suing the driver, your insurer pays your costs. This coverage is vital if you live in a state with many uninsured drivers.
- SR-22: SR-22 can be filed by Aspire General on behalf of high-risk drivers. The SR-22 designation alerts the state that the driver in question has the requisite amount of insurance as required by law.
- Collision deductible waiver: If you’re in an accident with an uninsured driver, your deductible will be waived.
- Permissive use endorsement: This endorsement allows a family member or friend not listed on your insurance policy to drive your car
- Roadside assistance: At an extra $5 per month, roadside assistance helps you if your car needs a tow, your battery needs a boost, your flat tire needs to be fixed, and more.
- Named non-owner coverage add-on: For those drivers who do **not own a car, this is liability coverage for when you do need to drive.
Helpful add-ons for only Savings tier
- Optional triple deductible discount: During the first 60 days of your policy (or after reinstatement), Aspire triples your deductible. If your policy carries a $500 deductible, and you file a claim within the 60-day time period, your deductible is boosted to $1500.
- Stereo and sound systems: So long as these systems are permanent and manufacturer-installed, stereo and sound system coverage can be provided under your collision and comprehensive coverage, up to a limit of $500, without having to pay a fee.
A few things to note about Aspire’s Savings tier.
You cannot increase your bodily injury component of your liability insurance beyond California’s mandated minimums ($15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident).
The property damage portion of your liability coverage can be upped from $5,000 to $10,000.
Medical payments coverage, or MedPay, is not included in the Savings tier.
Helpful add-ons for only Advantage tier
- Optional rental reimbursement: If your car is being repaired, rental reimbursement coverage pays the cost of having to rent a car. Aspire will provide coverage of up to $20 or $30 a day, for a duration of either 20 or 30 days. Your specific policy will determine which limit applies.
- Optional towing and labor coverage: With this coverage, the policyholder will be reimbursed $50 each time the insured vehicle is disabled, up to $200 for one year.
- Medical payments coverage: MedPay covers medical bills and funeral expenses resulting from an accident.
What to know about Aspire’s Advantage tier.
Like the Savings tier, you are unable to boost your bodily injury component of liability insurance beyond the state’s minimums. You also can up your property damage aspect of liability insurance from $5,000 to $10,000.
How much does Aspire General auto insurance cost?
On average, Aspire General offers lower down payments than other carriers, especially for those deemed high-risk drivers. This California-only insurer offers flexible payment plans as well.
The average annual auto insurance premium for minimum insurance with Aspire is $1,139. For full coverage, which offers greater financial protection to the policyholder, the average premium is --.
Insurance companies assess a variety of different factors when they calculate your insurance rate. Insurers examine metrics such as your vehicle type, your driving history, and your personal profile—so premiums can vary widely from one driver to the next.
Here’s the average monthly payment for minimum and full-coverage insurance with Aspire General.
|Average Monthly Cost for Minimum Coverage||Average Monthly Cost for Full Coverage|
Younger drivers covered with Aspire General typically pay $1,517 per year, while older drivers tend to pay less—an average of $1,746 per year.
Age is a major factor for insurers when calibrating premiums. Evidence shows that teenage drivers are nearly three times as likely than drivers over 20 to be involved in a collision. This heightened risk means they pay much higher rates than the average driver does.
Here’s what drivers pay with Aspire General based on their age group.
Aspire General offers insurance to drivers of all ages and caters to motorists in California who have trouble finding insurance.
Aspire insures drivers with recent accidents
(aka, high-risk drivers), at cheaper rates on average than larger carriers, but Aspire’s overall policy options are limited. Drivers with clean records will find more policy options to choose from with a larger insurer.
Here’s the average annual cost of Aspire insurance for drivers with infractions or violations on their record.
Key Takeaway Aspire General offers insurance for drivers of all ages, but it caters to drivers considered high-risk.
As a licensed broker, Jerry
helps you compare and buy car insurance in any state. In just under a minute, you’ll be sorting through competitive quotes from more than 40 top insurance carriers.
Once you make your selection, Jerry takes care of all the paperwork and cancels your old policy for you.
Here’s the average annual cost of Aspire General insurance in California.
Key Takeaway Jerry helps you find the best coverage at the cheapest price, regardless of where you live.
Aspire General offers some discounts to help policyholders lower their overall car insurance premiums. If you have a clean record and are looking for more discounts, it might be best to look at bigger insurance providers.
Here is the only vehicle-based discount offered by Aspire General:
|Safe driving||If you keep your driving record clean for three years, Aspire General may lower your premiums|
Here are the policy-based discounts offered by Aspire General.
|Multi-car||By insuring more than one vehicle on your policy, you’ll receive a small discount|
|Multi-driver||Insuring more than one driver in the same household on your policy will also deliver a small discount|
|Alcohol awareness education||If you take an Aspire-approved alcohol awareness course, you may qualify for a discount so long as you do not have more than one drug or alcohol violation on your driving record|
As of now, Aspire General only offers car insurance.
Aspire does offer the following:
- Bilingual service in English and Spanish
- Claims handling available 24/7
- Cancellation notifications to help customers avoid any lapses in coverage
Things to keep in mind
What Aspire won’t cover
Besides not covering drivers outside of California, Aspire General will not issue policies for the following:
- New Vehicles worth $50,000 or more
- Cars not stored in a garage
- Cars without an etched VIN number or an approved anti-theft device