Allstate Car Insurance Review 2022
Find out if you're getting ripped off on your car insurance in less than two minutes.Find insurance savings (100% Free)
No long forms · No spam · No fees
Savings found every month
- Quick look: Allstate car insurance
- What coverages does Allstate offer?
- How much does Allstate auto insurance cost?
- Who qualifies?
- Additional services
- Things to keep in mind
Load full table of contents
Drivers who switch to Allstate with Jerry save an average of $1,037 per year on their car insurance.
If you’re looking for car insurance, few things are less thrilling than completing form after form—not to mention dealing with the follow-up sales calls.
Jerry is an AI-powered comparison shopping app that makes finding great insurance rates easy (without all the little parts you dread). Sign-up takes just 45 seconds, after which you’ll get to browse competitive quotes, choose the one you like best, and finalize it—all without making a single call or filling out a long form.
Here are real quotes from Jerry users:
|Quote Date||Car Make||Car Model||State||City||Name||Age|
|April 9, 2022||Chevrolet||Impala LS||TX||Houston||Elsie N.||35-44||$620|
|April 6, 2022||Dodge||Charger R/T 392||TX||Beaumont||Harold R.||45-54||$1,351|
|April 6, 2022||Jeep||Grand Cherokee Limited||OH||Toledo||Bernard M.||35-44||$467|
|April 6, 2022||Toyota||Sienna XLE||NY||Thiells||Elizabeth C.||35-44||$1,537|
|April 2, 2022||Ford||Explorer Limited||TX||Longview||Julian W.||25-34||$2,499|
Quick look: Allstate car insurance
Good for Wide range of coverage options Well established with good financial strength and reliability Good customer satisfaction
What coverages does Allstate offer?
Allstate is known for providing a wide range of coverage options—some mandatory in most states, others not. Here’s a rundown of what they offer:
Most common coverages
- Liability insurance: Liability insurance is mandatory in most states. It includes bodily injury liability and property damage liability, both of which protect other drivers if you’re at fault in an accident.
- Comprehensive insurance: Comprehensive coverage is optional in every state, but you may be required to purchase it if you’re leasing or financing your car. It pays for damage that is not the result of a collision—such as from severe weather, vandalism, or theft.
- Collision insurance: Collision coverage is optional but, again, might be mandatory if you’re leasing or financing your car. It pays for damage to your car that is the result of a collision with another vehicle or stationary object.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist protection: Uninsured/underinsured motorist protection reimburses you for expenses stemming from an accident caused by a driver without insurance. Instead of suing the driver, your insurance company covers your costs. This coverage is especially important if you live in a state with a high percentage of uninsured drivers.
- Medical payments coverage: MedPay covers medical costs for you and your passengers if you’re injured in a car accident—even if you were at fault. MedPay is required in a few states, but optional in most.
- Accident forgiveness: If you have accident forgiveness on your policy, your rates won’t increase after an accident—even if it’s your fault.
- New car replacement: If you total your new car within the first two model years, this coverage pays for the cost of a new car—not just for the actual cash value of the one you totaled.
- Roadside assistance: Sometimes known as towing and labor coverage, roadside assistance helps with things like towing, battery boosts, and flat tires.
How much does Allstate auto insurance cost?
The average annual car insurance premium for minimum insurance with Allstate is $1,422. And for full coverage that offers greater financial protection, the average premium is $2,243.
Insurance companies weigh many different factors when calculating your insurance rates, like your vehicle type, driving history, and personal profiles—so premiums can vary greatly from driver to driver.
Here’s the average monthly payment for minimum and full-coverage insurance with Allstate:
|Average Monthly Cost for Minimum Coverage||Average Monthly Cost for Full Coverage|
Younger drivers insured with Allstate typically pay $2,072 per year, while older drivers tend to pay less—an average of $2,087 per year.
Age is a primary factor for insurers when setting premiums. Statistics show that teenage drivers are almost as three times as likely than drivers over 20 to get into an accident, and that risk means they pay far higher rates than the average driver.
Here’s what drivers pay with Allstate based on their age group.
|Age Group||Annual Cost|
Allstate offers insurance to drivers of all ages, though they are not known for offering inexpensive options for young drivers.
While Allstate insures drivers with recent accidents (aka, high-risk drivers), premiums are typically high and drivers may be able to find cheaper insurance elsewhere.
Here’s the average annual cost of Allstate insurance for drivers with an infraction on their record.
|Driving Infraction||Annual Cost|
|Failure to Obey Traffic Sign||$2,362||$1,079|
|Driving on Sus. License||$2,261||$981|
|Speeding under 15||$2,029||$965|
|Speeding over 15||$2,025||$892|
|Leaving scene of an Accident/Hit and Run||$1,408||$1,304|
|Passing School Bus||$2,169||$391|
|Wrong Way/Wrong Lane||$1,707||$422|
Key Takeaway Allstate offers insurance for drivers of all ages, but it might not be the most affordable choice for young drivers.
Allstate insurance is available in all 50 states and Washington, D.C.
As a licensed broker, Jerry can help you compare and purchase car insurance no matter where you live. In less than a minute, you’ll be browsing through dozens of competitive quotes from top insurance providers.
Once you select your top pick, Jerry takes care of finalizing the paperwork and cancels your old policy.
Here’s the average annual cost of Allstate insurance based on state.
Key Takeaway Using Jerry can help you find the best coverage at the most affordable price, regardless of your state.
Allstate offers a variety of discounts to help policyholders reduce the cost of their car insurance premiums. While the discounts tend to be fairly small individually, they can be combined to make a sizable dent in your annual rate.
Here are some of the most common driver and vehicle-based discounts offered by Allstate:
|New car||If you purchase a policy for a new vehicle, you might be eligible for a small discount.|
|Good student||Full-time students under the age of 25 can earn a discount for maintaining good grades.|
|Student away from home||Students residing more than 100 miles away from their listed home address may be eligible for a student discount.|
|Safe driving||If you meet the safe driving requirements that Allstate sets out, you can be rewarded with a discounted rate.|
|Safety||Vehicles with anti-lock brakes and /or an anti-theft device may qualify for insurance savings.|
|Drivewise||Good driving habits tracked by Allstate’s telematics program can save you up to 40% on your premium.|
|Milewise||Low-mileage drivers can benefit from reduced premiums, with discounts based on annual mileage and safe driving behaviors.|
Here are some common policy-based discounts with Allstate.
|Multi-line||Bundling auto and home insurance can save you up to 10% on your car insurance premium and up to 25% on your home insurance.|
|EZ Pay||Setting up automatic payments can earn you a small discount.|
|eSmart||Going paperless makes things easier for you and provides a small discount.|
|FullPay||If you pay your entire premium in full at the beginning of the term, you’ll receive a discounted rate.|
|Responsible payer||Paying your monthly premium on time for at least a year can qualify you for a discount.|
Allstate offers Drivewise, a telematics insurance program that uses a mobile app to rate driving behavior. Allstate measures things like driver speed, braking habits, and the time of day and uses that information to determine premiums.
Drivers who display safe driving habits save more on their insurance—up to 40%, according to Allstate.
As one of the largest insurance companies in the country, Allstate has a hearty lineup of other insurance products:
- Homeowners / renters / condo
- Boat and watercraft
- Off-road vehicles and ATVs
- Classic cars
Things to keep in mind
Allstate allows policyholders to pay via myAllstate, online, or by calling a customer service representative. You can also set up an automatic payment plan or pay your premium in full at the start of the term—both of which can earn you a small discount on your insurance rates.
If you want to cancel your insurance with Allstate, you’ll need to contact your local Allstate agent. You may need to provide a written request to cancel.