How to Clean the Inside of a Car Windshield
Find out if you’re getting ripped off on your car insurance in less than two minutes.
No long forms · No spam · No fees
- The best products to use to clean your car windows
- How to clean inside car windows
- Why you need to clean your windows
Cleaning the inside of your car windshield allows you to see better while driving, enhancing your safety on the road. You might wonder which cleaners work best. Luckily, you have a few options.
And car insurance and broker app Jerry is here to walk you through all of them, helping you drive safely and remove any of that annoying grime on your windows.
The best products to use to clean your car windows
When cleaning the inside windshield of your car, you need to make sure to use a safe and effective cleaner. Your options include the following:
- Window wipes: Window wipes easily clean the inside windshield of your car. The wipes represent a great medium for applying the cleaning solution they contain in an all-in-one product.
- Glass cleaner: Glass cleaner represents a commonly used car window cleaner. Glass cleaner in a pump or trigger spray bottle works best when sprayed onto a cloth and the cloth is used to wipe the window.
- Glass polish: Similar to body polish applied to the exterior paint job of a car, glass polish uses an abrasive polishing action to clean the glass of your car’s windows. Glass polish is a great alternative to regular spray glass cleaner.
- Water and vinegar: A cheaper alternative to more expensive cleaners, a water and vinegar solution can keep your car’s windows clean at a fraction of the price. You might need to clean a window multiple times to avoid streaking when using a water and vinegar solution.
How to clean inside car windows
- Microfiber towel
- Mr. Clean Magic Eraser or rubbing alcohol
- The glass cleaner of your choice
- Reach-and-clean tool
Once you have gathered your cleaning materials, you can proceed with cleaning the inside of your car windshield. The following steps walk you through the cleaning process:
Step 1: wipe inside windshield
Start by wiping the window down with a microfiber towel to remove any caked-on substances.
Step 2: Use cleaner
Use your preferred glass cleaner to remove any remaining materials on the window’s surface. Make sure to apply the cleaner to the microfiber towel and not on the windshield surface for easier cleaning.
Step 3: Degrease the glass
Use a Mr. Clean Windshield Magic Eraser saturated in warm water to remove any stubborn stains on the window glass. Clean in a circular motion to help break up any grime or grease.
Alternately, you can clean your windshield with alcohol applied to a clean microfiber towel to help remove any built-up substances on the glass.
Step 4: Use a reach-and-clean tool
Apply windshield interior glass cleaner to the microfiber attachment of the tool and then use it to reach hard-to-access areas.
Step 5: Polish the glass
Use a glass polish or cleaner applied to a microfiber towel to make the window shine. Work across the window’s surface in a circular motion for best effect, making sure to finish with a vertical wipe to remove any streaking.
Why you need to clean your windows
Keeping your car windows clean allows you to see more clearly for improved safety while driving. You might experience trouble when trying to clean the inside of the windshield, especially in the hard-to-reach corners. By following the steps above and using the cleaners recommended, you can clean your inside windshield quickly and easily.
What are the benefits of windshield magic eraser?
Windshield magic eraser is the easiest and most often used product to clean the inside of windshields. You can buy them relatively inexpensively and they’re incredibly effective at removing any grime or guck from your window.
Is it safe to use rubbing alcohol on car windshield?
Yes! And as a good alternative to Mr. Clean magic erase, you should consider rubbing alcohol. Rubbing alcohol cleans windows very effectively, and is a great option.
Where can I find cheap car insurance?
Regardless of what exactly the issue is on your car, it’s vital to have the right car insurance. For that, use Jerry. A licensed broker, Jerry does all the hard work of finding the cheapest quotes from the top name-brand insurance companies and buying new car insurance. Jerry will even help you cancel your old policy.