Car Insurance Companies in California
Find out if you’re getting ripped off on your car insurance in less than two minutes.
No long forms · No spam · No fees
California contains as many square miles (163,696) as some small countries. As a result, a large number of car insurance companies serve the huge California population by offering a variety of coverage options, including liability, comprehensive, collision, and uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance, as well as MedPay coverage to help pay for medical bills and associated costs.
Which car insurance companies offer insurance in California? And how much can you expect to pay for that coverage?
Car insurance companies in California
Finding the right car insurance policy for your needs might seem difficult at first. Luckily, there are a large selection of car insurance companies to choose from if you live in California, which allows you to find a lower rate if you shop around.
The following list includes many of the car insurance companies operating across California:
- Foremost Insurance
Car insurance premium prices
To get the best price, you need to compare the costs of car insurance from a variety of companies. This includes looking at more than just the premium price. Another factor you should check out includes the discounts each company offers, including good student and loyalty discounts.
The information below lists the monthly and semi-annual premiums for a variety of car insurance companies across California according to Credio(*):
|Car Insurance Comapny||Estimated Monthly Premium||Estimated 6-Month Premium|
When to shop for car insurance
While many different insurance companies serve California, the costs of premiums can still skyrocket in large population or high-crime areas. Experts recommend shopping for a new car insurance policy every couple of years to help reduce how much you pay. Other ways to save on your car insurance premiums include:
- Raising your deductible: By raising your deductible from $500 to $1,000, you can save up to 9% on your car insurance premium, according to InsuranceQuotes.com.
- Driving less: Driving less can also reduce your premiums. Carpooling with co-workers can save you as much as 25% from low-mileage discounts, according to the Consumer Federation of America.
- Drop unnecessary coverage: Occasionally, you need to review your insurance to make sure you do not carry unnecessary coverage, such as comprehensive or collision if you pay off your car.
- Improve your credit: Improving your credit score from good to excellent can lower your car insurance premiums by an average of $214 a year, according to Consumer Reports.
- Combine policies: Combining various insurance policies, such as car and home, can also save you money. In addition, having multiple cars on one policy provides savings, with discounts running from 10% to 25%.
The wide selection of car insurance companies in California gives you many options to find the right insurance and the right discounts, especially when you compare premium costs while shopping.
- Information is taken from Credio.com in Sept 2017.