All About The Hartford Car and Home Insurance
Find out if you’re getting ripped off on your car insurance in less than two minutes.
No long forms · No spam · No fees
- Part 1 of 7: The Hartford key differentiators compared to other insurance companies
- Part 2 of 7: Types of car and home insurance provided by The Hartford
- Part 4 of 7: Discounts you can get through The Hartford
- Part 5 of 7: States in which you can find The Hartford
- Part 6 of 7: Available apps from The Hartford
- Part 7 of 7: BBB and A.M. Best ratings for The Hartford
Founded in 1810, The Hartford started as a fire insurance company and even employed its own fire department to protect its customers. The company expanded its insurance options to include property insurance and eventually started insuring automobiles with the introduction of cars in 1913.
In the following article, Part 1 describes how The Hartford differs from other insurance companies, Part 2 goes into more detail about the types of insurance the company offers, while Part 3 details the many optional coverage types the company offers customers. Also, Part 4 talks about the various discounts customers can take advantage of, Part 5 lists the states where you can find The Hartford, Part 6 gives information on The Hartford Auto and Home App, and Part 7 discusses the ratings garnered by the company from A.M. Best and the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
Part 1 of 7: The Hartford key differentiators compared to other insurance companies
The Hartford is known for its dedication to its customers. Starting out as a provider of fire insurance, the company has grown to offer a wide range of products, including car and home insurance. The company prides itself with being an honest company, and it is a multi-time winner of the Ethisphere Award, presented to the world’s most ethical companies.
Part 2 of 7: Types of car and home insurance provided by The Hartford
The Hartford provides standard car and home insurance. The section below goes into more detail about the different types of insurance the company offers.
- Car insurance types: The Hartford’s car insurance types include:
- Personal injury protection coverage
- Home insurance types: The Hartford also provides many home insurance options, such as:
- Dwelling coverage
- Other structures coverage
- Personal property coverage
- Loss of use coverage
- Liability coverage
- Medical payments coverage
Part 3 of 7: Additional insurance coverage options provided by The Hartford
In addition to standard insurance, The Hartford gives its customers access to a range of additional insurance coverage options for both car and home insurance, as described below.
- Car insurance coverage options: The Hartford has several car insurance coverage options, such as:
- Glass coverage
- Towing coverage
- Rental car expense
- Personal umbrella insurance
- Home insurance coverage options: When it comes to home insurance, The Hartford gives its customers many different coverage options to choose from, including:
- ProtectorPLUS Zero Deductible benefit
- Full replacement cost
- New for Old Protection (as a part of the Home Advantage and Home Advantage Plus packages)
- Personal injury liability coverage (as a part of the Home Advantage and Home Advantage Plus packages)
- Reimbursement for replacing locks (as a part of the Home Advantage and Home Advantage Plus packages)
- Identity fraud expense coverage (as a part of the Home Advantage and Home Advantage Plus packages)
- Disappearing property deductible (as a part of the Home Advantage Plus package)
- Equipment protection advantage (as a part of the Home Advantage Plus package)
- Green rebuilding (as a part of the Home Advantage Plus package)
- Valuable items blanket coverage (as a part of the Home Advantage Plus package)
- Water backup and sump pump overflow (as a part of the Home Advantage Plus package)
- Assisted living care coverage (as a part of the Home Advantage Plus package)
- Scheduled personal property coverage (as a part of the Home Advantage Plus package)
- The Hartford ID hotline, Identity restoration services (as a part of the Home Advantage Plus package)
- Flood insurance
- Earthquake insurance
Part 4 of 7: Discounts you can get through The Hartford
The Hartford also offers discounts to help its customers save many. You can find the discounts the company offers in the section below.
- Car insurance discounts: Car insurance discounts include:
- Bundling discount
- Paid-in-full discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Airbags discount
- Defensive driver course discount
- Vehicle fuel type discount
- Driver training discount
- Good student discount
- Home insurance discounts: Home insurance discount include:
- Bundling discount
- Home security or protective devices credits
- Renewal credit
- Retiree credit
Part 5 of 7: States in which you can find The Hartford
The Hartford operates in a wide selection of states, including:
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Part 6 of 7: Available apps from The Hartford
In addition to online or over the phone, you can take care of your insurance needs using The Hartford Auto and Home App. You can find details about the app in the section below:
- The Hartford Auto and Home App: Using The Hartford app, you can access a digital version of your insurance ID card, pay your bill, and report a claim.
Part 7 of 7: BBB and A.M. Best ratings for The Hartford
When it comes to the financial stability of an insurer, insurance customers rely on A.M. Best to provide information on an insurance company’s business outlook. And, the BBB rating system allows customers to easily determine how well a company addresses customer complaints. You can find both ratings for The Hartford below:
- BBB rating: The Hartford has a rating of A- according to the BBB, meaning it responds quickly to resolve customer complaints.
- A.M. Best rating: A.M. Best gives The Hartford a rating of A+, signifying the company has a stable outlook when it comes to its finances.
With more than 200 years of experience in the insurance industry, The Hartford is known as a company that provide excellent and honest services to its customers. Its reputation includes providing a level of service unmatched by many other insurance companies within the industry. In addition, The Hartford serves as the only endorsed provider of insurance to 37 million AARP members.