All About Amica Car and Home Insurance
Find out if you’re getting ripped off on your car insurance in less than two minutes.
No long forms · No spam · No fees
Known for its top-rated customer service, as well as offering competitive prices, the Amica Mutual Insurance Company works closely with its customers to form a lasting relationship. Working in the insurance industry for more than a century, Amica uses its know-how to offer the best in insurance premiums and 24/7 service.
Here are key differences between Amica and other insurance companies, information about the types of insurance, coverage, and discount options Amica offers, a list of states where Amica operates, details about the Amica Mobile app, and ratings for Amica from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and A.M. Best.
Key differentiators of Amica compared to other insurance companies
Amica’s place as the oldest mutual insurer of cars across the U.S. gives it the experience needed to provide the best in customer service. In addition, the company uses its vast understanding of how the insurance industry works to bring its customers some of the lowest prices in the industry. Its status as a mutual company represents the biggest difference between Amica and other insurers. At Amica, the policyholders own the company and have a voice in how it operates, making the company more customer-centric than other insurance companies.
Types of car and home insurance provided by Amica
Amica offers a standard array of car and home insurance. The type of insurance you need depends in large part on your particular circumstances. The section below goes into detail about the different types of car and home insurance that Amica offers.
- Car insurance types: Amica offers the following coverage types:
- Medical expense coverage
- Personal injury protection
- Home insurance types: When it comes to home insurance, Amica has the following coverages:
- Home coverage
- Other structure coverage
- Additional living expenses
- Liability insurance
Coverage options offered by Amica
Along with the standard coverage listed above, Amica also has some specific options you can obtain when purchasing car or home insurance. Coverage options range from roadside assistance to earthquake and flood insurance.
- Car insurance coverage options: The coverage options offered by Amica for car insurance include:
- Roadside assistance program
- Glass coverage
- Rental car coverage
- Home insurance coverage options: When it comes to home insurance, Amica has the following optional coverage:
- Earthquake insurance
- Flood insurance
- Scheduled personal property coverage
- Personal property replacement
- Automatic dwelling coverage
Discounts offered by Amica
In addition to the many affordable insurance types and coverage options, Amica also gives customers a way to save even more money in the form of discounts.
- Car insurance discounts: When it comes to car insurance, Amica customers have access to the following discounts:
- Multi-line discount
- Multi-car discount
- Homeownership discount
- Loyalty discount
- Tenure discount
- Legacy discount
- Paid in full discount
- Autopay discount
- Anti-theft device discount
- Airbags discount
- Electronic Stability Control discount
- Driver’s training discount
- Good student discount
- Home insurance discounts: As with car insurance, Amica also offers a variety of discounts with their home insurance, including:
- Multi-line discount
- Alarm system discount
- New/remodeled home credit
- Automatic detection device discount
- Loyalty discount
- Claim-free discount
- Autopay discount
States where Amica operates
Amica operates in most states in the U.S. The following list details the states where the insurance company sells car and home insurance.
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Amica customers can also use a mobile app to help them pay their bill, as well as other helpful functions, to make the whole process a lot easier.
- Amica Mobile: Amica Mobile for Apple and Android devices offers a wide variety of functionality, including the ability to make a payment, view your ID card, and report claims. You can also get roadside assistance through the app and look up vendors and repair services on the go.
BBB and A.M. Best ratings
When comparing Amica with other insurance companies, one of the best indicators of a good company include good customer reviews and satisfaction, as well as financial stability. The BBB rates companies according to overall customer satisfaction and a company’s response to complaints against them. A.M. Best provides a financial rating for companies, allowing you to determine if they represent a good investment for your money.
- BBB rating: Amica has an A+ rating with the BBB. Some of the criteria used in determining the company’s rating with the BBB include the number of complaints filed and the company’s response time and successful resolution of complaints. The company’s time in business and the use of transparent business practices also play a part in the BBB rating system.
- A.M. Best rating: According to A.M. Best, Amica has a financial stability rating of A+, a reduction from its previous rating of A++. The rating decrease took place after a rise in the severity of claims leading to elevated losses for the company. Amica still is listed as having a stable financial outlook despite the downgrade in February 2017.
Amica, the oldest mutual auto insurance company in the U.S., is known for its competitive pricing and good customer service. Its vast experience gives it a competitive edge over more inexperienced insurance companies. In addition, its position as a mutual company, owned by the policyholders, gives it a closer connection to its customers and their needs.