All About AIG Homeowners Insurance
Find out if you’re getting ripped off on your car insurance in less than two minutes.
No long forms · No spam · No fees
- How AIG homeowners insurance compares to other insurance companies
- What coverage options does AIG offer?
- AIG discounts
- States in which you can find AIG homeowners insurance
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) and A.M. Best ratings
American International Group Inc, best known as AIG, was founded in 1919. They focus on providing insurance for high-value homes and clients who have expensive belongings that may be tough to insure through standard insurance companies.
Compare auto insurance policies
No spam or unwanted phone calls · No long forms · No fees, ever
How AIG homeowners insurance compares to other insurance companies
AIG tailors their policies to each client’s needs. The company also provides multinational property solutions, which allows an extension of coverage for properties outside of the United States. Users can also enjoy Family CyberEdge, which protects families against cyber-attacks and losses. AIG also has loss prevention strategies for families that live in high-risk areas, as well as specialists in historic preservation and history for clients who live in historic homes. Finally, you can utilize smart build if you want to build a safer home.
What coverage options does AIG offer?
AIG offers the following options:
- Tailored coverage to meet their clients’ needs
- Flexibility to meet complex needs (including clients who live in high-risk areas)
- Coverage that includes landscaping, fragile items, and damage caused by pets
- International coverage
They also offer additional provisions, such as:
- Rebuilding on-site to match original structures
- The ability for claims to be settled in cash without the need to replace lost items or make repairs
- Personal property can be replaced or repaired without deductibles for depreciation
- Additional living expenses in case your home becomes inhabitable
You may be eligible for the following discounts when you get an AIG homeowners insurance policy.
- Companion policy discount: When you combine more than one policy with AIG
- New home discounts: For homes that are less than 10 years old
- Gated community discount: Save when you live in a gated or guarded community
- Renovated home discount: For homes that were renovated in the last 10 years
- Central station fire alarm discount: For homes that have a fire alarm that connects and contacts authorities
- Central station burglar alarm discount: For homes that have a break-in alarm that connects and contacts authorities
- Residential sprinkler system discount: Clients get a discount when they equip their home with a sprinkler system
- Superior protection discount: For homes with a smart home service, 24/7 security, gated perimeter, caretakers, or a backup generator.
One of AIG’s downsides is that they do not provide quotes online; instead, you’re required to contact an agent or affiliate.
Find insurance savings (100% Free)
Let Jerry find your price in only 45 seconds
No spam · No long forms · No fees
States in which you can find AIG homeowners insurance
AIG offers many types of services, and not every one of them is available in every state. Some of these services are written and provided by subsidiaries or affiliates. AIG has a guide available in which they provide the names of their affiliates, as well as the jurisdictions in which they’re allowed to transact business.
However, if you want to know if there’s a broker close to you, their private client page lists them for you. They should be able to provide you with more accurate information regarding your area’s availability of services.
Better Business Bureau (BBB) and A.M. Best ratings
When choosing an insurance company, it is always good to research its BBB rating, which rates their customer satisfaction and services. BBB’s rating is based on 13 different elements, from complaint volume to BBB trademark infringement, in which AIG has rated B.
And if you want to get the best deal with AIG, try bundling it with car insurance. A good way to do that is through the Jerry app. A licensed broker, Jerry does all the hard work of finding cheap quotes from the top name-brand insurance companies and buying new car insurance. Jerry will even help you cancel your old policy.
And to ensure you always have the lowest rate, Jerry will send you new quotes every time your policy comes up for renewal, so you’re always getting the coverage you want at the best price.
Haven’t shopped for insurance in the last six months? There might be hundreds $$$ in savings waiting for you.
Judith switched to Progressive
Saved $725 annually
Alexander switched to Travelers
Saved $834 annually
Annie switched to Nationwide
Saved $668 annually