American International Group Inc, best known as AIG, was founded in 1919. They focus on providing insurance for high-value homes and clients who have expensive belongings that may be tough to insure through standard insurance companies.
How AIG homeowners insurance compares to other insurance companies
AIG tailors their policies to each client’s needs. The company also provides multinational property solutions, which allows an extension of coverage for properties outside of the United States; Family CyberEdge that protects families against cyber-attacks and losses; loss prevention strategies for families that live in high-risk areas; specialists in historic preservation and history for clients who live in historic homes; and smart build for those who want to build a safer home.
Coverage options provided by AIG homeowners insurance
AIG offers the following options:
- Tailored coverage to meet their clients’ needs
- Flexibility to meet complex needs (including clients who live in high-risk areas)
- Coverage that includes landscaping, fragile items, and damage caused by pets
- International coverage
They also offer additional provisions, such as:
- Rebuilding on-site to match original structures
- The ability for claims to be settled in cash without the need to replace lost items or make repairs
- Personal property can be replaced or repaired without deductibles for depreciation
- Additional living expenses in case your home becomes inhabitable
Discounts you can get through AIG homeowners insurance
You may be eligible for the following discounts when you get an AIG homeowners insurance policy.
- Companion policy discount: When you combine more than one policy with AIG
- New home discounts: For homes that are less than 10 years old
- Gated community discount: Save when you live in a gated or guarded community
- Renovated home discount: For homes that were renovated in the last 10 years
- Central station fire alarm discount: For homes that have a fire alarm that connects and contacts authorities
- Central station burglar alarm discount: For homes that have a break-in alarm that connects and contacts authorities
- Residential sprinkler system discount: Clients get a discount when they equip their home with a sprinkler system
- Superior protection discount: For homes with a smart home service, 24/7 security, gated perimeter, caretakers, or a backup generator.
One of AIG’s downsides is that they do not provide quotes online; instead, you’re required to contact an agent or affiliate.
States in which you can find AIG homeowners insurance
AIG offers many types of services, and not every one of them is available in every state. Some of these services are written and provided by subsidiaries or affiliates. AIG has a guide available in which they provide the names of their affiliates, as well as the jurisdictions in which they’re allowed to transact business.
However, if you want to know if there’s a broker close to you, their private client page lists them for you. They should be able to provide you with more accurate information regarding your area’s availability of services.