With more than 56 million members, the American Automobile Association (AAA) is one of the most recognizable names in the automotive world. A not-for-profit company, AAA offers a variety of services to its members, including car and home insurance, all at affordable prices. With over 100 years of experience in dealing with a variety of automotive problems, such as travel and roadside assistance, AAA is geared toward providing top-notch customer service when it comes to car, home, and other insurance offerings.
AAA Insurance key differentiators compared to other insurance companies
Unlike many insurance companies, AAA is a not-for-profit organization, which gives the organization the ability to offer low rates on both car and home insurance. In addition, AAA offers a variety of services to non-premium holders, including car rental reimbursement and emergency roadside service, with both only requiring a AAA membership to utilize. To add to the functionality of the company’s ERS program, the organization operates call centers nationwide that can help connect members to tow companies 24 hours a day, all year round.
Types of car and home insurance provided by AAA Insurance
While formed initially to lobby for better roads for motorist, AAA has grow to offer a wide variety of other services, including car and home insurance. The sections below detail the different car and home insurance types that AAA offers to its members.
- Car insurance types: AAA offers a wide selection of car insurance types at affordable rates, including:
- Medical payments coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist liability coverage
- Home insurance types: Unlike many home insurance companies, AAA Insurance offers coverage through a network of non-affiliated insurance companies. For the most part, through these other companies AAA offers the following insurance types:
- Dwelling protection
- Other structures protection
- Additional living expenses coverage
- Personal property coverage
Additional insurance coverage options provided by AAA Insurance
In addition to standard car and home insurance coverage, AAA gives a variety of optional coverage. The section below talks more about the different coverage options that AAA has.
- Car insurance coverage options: While AAA does have some coverage options that customers can add to their regular insurance, some coverage options are offered for just having a membership with the organization. The following highlights some of the coverage options offered by AAA.
- Emergency Roadside Service (ERS) coverage (as a part of AAA membership)
- Rental car coverage (as a part of AAA membership)
- Loan/lease gap coverage
- Third party coverage
- Home insurance coverage options: In addition to auto insurance coverage options, AAA also has a few optional coverages for the home. The following list details the organization’s home insurance options:
- Earthquake insurance
- Flood insurance
- Umbrella insurance
- Extended replacement cost coverage
Discounts you can get through AAA Insurance
Discounts play a big part in helping to reduce the high cost of car and home insurance. AAA has a variety of discounts that members can take advantage of to save themselves even more on the organization’s already low premiums, as detailed below.
- Car insurance discounts: Car insurance discounts from AAA range from good credit discounts to discounts for paying your bill in full during each installment period. The discounts offered by AAA include:
- Good credit discount
- Reduced coverage discount
- Reduced mileage discount
- Safe drivers discount
- High deductible discount
- Driver safety course discount
- Drug and alcohol awareness testing discount (for teens)
- Multi-policy discount
- Multi-car discount
- Education discount
- Occupation discount
- Anti-theft device discount
- Good driver discount
- Good student discount
- Student living away from home discount
- Loyalty discount
- Pay-in-full discount
- Home insurance discounts: Home insurance discount from AAA include:
- Mature homeowner discount
- New home discount
- Loyalty discount
- Renovated home discount
- Fire-resistant roof discount
- Protective devices discount
States in which you can find AAA Insurance
With offices located all across the U.S. and in Canada, AAA offers insurance to its members in all 50 U.S. state, plus the District of Columbia. In addition, AAA Supernumbers call centers connect members to emergency roadside service regardless of where they are at in the U.S. or Canada, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Available AAA Insurance apps
Available for both Android and Apple devices, the AAA app allows policyholders to view their policy, make payments, and also summon roadside assistance. In addition, the app comes with a map that allows users to locate nearby locations to take advantage of their AAA membership discounts.
BBB and A.M. Best ratings for AAA Insurance
Both the BBB and A.M. Best rating systems help customers determine if they want to use a particular insurance company. The BBB uses its rating system to measure how a company handles complaints from customers, while the A.M. Best rating system details the financial stability of a company.
- BBB rating: AAA currently has a BBB rating of A+, signaling that they deal with customer complaints quickly with a generally positive outcome.
- A.M. Best rating: The A.M. Best rating of A- lets customers know that AAA has a relatively stable outlook when it comes to its finances and the ability to pay any claims.
AAA Insurance uses its more than 100 years of service to the automotive community to help meet the needs of its members, including in the area of car and home insurance. The company’s status as a not-for-profit furthermore allows it to offer very affordable pricing when meeting its member’s insurance needs.